[19] Deny. Deny. Deny. | Spy Games III | Tease

Start from the beginning

"Shoupe. What'd he do?" Heyward asked, an unimpressed and disbelieving look on his face. "You gon' just arrest my boy?"

"Hey! Let's just talk Shoupe," I tried to reason but he pushed me away, leading Pope out of the building.

"How much did they pay you, man?"

"You can't just do this!"

We followed as Shoupe dragged Pope out the building and all the way to the police car. Pope looked as if his life was flashing before his eyes, as if everything he ever worked towards was for nothing. But at this point, it was. He was fucked.

Heyward had to restrain JJ, leaving them standing by the door as Kie and I followed all the way to the car, begging Shoupe to not do this.

"It wasn't him!" JJ yelled, his voice cutting the air like a knife through butter. "It was me," he said, pointing to himself.

Everyone by the police vehicle turned to look at him as he walked towards, putting on a show of his confession. "He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because my friends had just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit–"

I wanted to place a hand on JJ's shoulder, to ask him to reconsider this. But, as I looked between Heyward and Pope, I knew this was probably the best outcome. I retracted my hand before it touched him, letting it fall limp at my side.

"I can't let you take the blame for somethin' that I did. You've got too much to lose–"

"JJ, what are you doing?" Pope growled.

"I'm tellin' the truth. For once in my goddamn life, I'm gonna tell the truth. I took his old man's boat, too."

Heyward's face twisted. "What the hell?"

"JJ, come on," Pope pleaded.

"Just shut up, Pope!" JJ yelled. "Just shut up–" I could tell by his voice that his eyes were bloodshot. My heart clenched as he continued. "Pope's a good kid. You know where I'm from."

Shoupe nodded his head, agreeing with JJ. I watched as JJ licked his lips, making eye contact with Pope. "It was all me."

"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asked Pope. Pope looked as if he was a toddler who got asked if he peed to bed, his face hard and guilty.

"Whole truth, swear to God," JJ added.

"I know what you think, damn it, I'm askin' Pope."

Pope looked like he could throw up, cry, and pass away in one swift motion. His face twisted in pain as he stared into JJ's eyes. Finally, he muttered, "Yeah, that about covers it."

JJ turned back, his eyes meeting my own for the second time today. I looked deeply into his blue eyes as Shoupe ducked his head into the cop car. Our stare didn't break until the tinted window ended it for us. As the car drove away, Pope freaked out, slamming his hat on the ground. Heyward tried to talk to his son, but Pope wasn't having any of it.

Kiara tried to speak with me, most likely to ask if I knew anything, but I couldn't stand still. I couldn't find the words to describe what had happened. I couldn't even comprehend what had just happened. She'd need to talk to Pope for answers.

I turned and started to walk towards where I knew JJ would be. As she called after me, I broke into a jog, gradually getting faster as I headed towards the police station. To do what? I don't know, but I didn't feel right waiting around at Heyward's.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I sat outside the police station, sitting with my head in my hands on a bench as I waited for JJ and his father to come out. I saw Luke Maybank go inside nearly ten minutes ago, and it was starting to worry me that he hadn't come out yet.

I didn't know what I was doing here. I know I'm the last person JJ wants to see right now, but I felt as if I needed to talk to him. I needed to discuss with him what happen the other night and what it meant, but an awful feeling in my stomach gnawed at me, reminding me, such conversations aren't so private in jail. My ears perked at the sound of footsteps, followed by voices.

"I wonder what restitution's gonna be on 2019 Malibu," Luke Maybank grumbled as he walked side by side with JJ, going the opposite direction from where I was sitting. I stood up carefully, hesitantly moving towards them. I didn't know why, or what I'd say if they saw me. Maybe offer money for whatever the restitution is. Or maybe just ask if he's alright.

"I'll pay it off. All of it. I swear."

"Thirty K? When are you gonna clear that, big guy, when all you do his smoke weed, hangout on the south side, and chase after girls way out of your league? Huh?"

I watched as JJ slumped his shoulders, stuffing his hands in his pockets. I stayed a far enough distance behind, deciding it would be weird for me to approach when he's getting scolded. I could talk to JJ later, if he'd let me.

"Get in the car," Luke demanded, walking around to the driver's side himself. I watched as JJ hesitated, becoming nervous to enter the vehicle. I let out a shaky breath as he opened the door and climbed in, even though his body language told me that was the very last thing he wanted to do.

I watched the yellow vehicle. But nothing happened. As I was about to turn away, the vehicle started to shake, making my head snap back towards it.

My heart dropped as I caught a glimpse of blood spraying, hitting the car window. I could see his father crawl over him, beating him into the side of the car. I watched in shock, bringing a hand to my mouth as my eyes stayed wide. My body moved on its own as I turned to sprint into the police station to get help.

When I came out with an officer, Luke Maybank and JJ were gone, and my report was pushed underneath the rug. Much like everything else that's wrong with this island.

Author's Note:

I love you guys, seriously. Enjoy:) The next update will be up later on today.

Just a question, JJ and Beck's ship name? Would it be Jeckett, Jeck, Jinslow, or Bj lmfaoooo. Any other ideas?

xx Juno