I Don't Wanna Fall In Love

"I am jealous of you though."

"What- why? Me?"

"Mhm. Because you.. you just have a connection with Dean that me and the others will never understand. We all knew it when you were younger. The way he looked at you.. it was like he was willing to hop in front of you and take a bullet or something."

"Really?"

"Uhh yeah? I wish I could have that type of relationship with him. You're closer to him than any of us will ever be."

~<~<~<~

Ryker once again let me know that Benji was a cafe in the same shopping center as yesterday.

Although I knew it may be risky, I had decided to go and talk to him. He's never seen me before as far as we know, so I should be okay.

I took an Uber to the little coffee shop. It was nicely decorated, very homey. I stepped through the door, the little bell singing as I walked in.

I spotted Benji with a mug in his hands, staring off into the distance as he sat on a little sofa.

I went over and ordered myself a mocha latte. Once it was in my hands, I took a deep breath and walked over to where Benji was sat.

I sat a little bit away from him on the couch. He looked especially numb, or sad, today. I couldn't blame him.

I settled myself in and pulled my knees up to my chest, as he was. It was a bit chilly in here. I silently thanked myself for wearing a sweater.

"Hey" I mumbled. He jumped and looked towards me nodding in my direction.

"Hey." He looked back towards his mug, taking a long sip.

"You looked a bit down over here, so I thought I would join you."

"Oh, yeah, uh thanks" he said awkwardly. I could tell he was guarded. It made sense. Most of us in gangs had genuinely messed up pasts, that's generally why we ended up in a gang, that is unless we were born into it. I suppose he was, I think..

"So, whats going on?" I was trying my hardest not to actually be concerned about him, but that was seeming to be next to impossible.

"My boyfriend uh, o-or my ex, broke up with me yesterday."

"Oh, I'm sorry... how are you doing with that?"

"Not good really."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Would you like to go do something to get your mind off of it?"

"Oh ah, sure. Thanks?"

"Of course." It felt good to be so nice to someone.

"What is your name?" He asked me curiously.

"Jorge. You?"

"Benji. Uh, short for Benjamin. But I don't like being called that." I smiled at him.

We got up and headed out of the restaurant, not too sure where, but I needed to do something with him where we could talk: