remember me

I was only a child when I stepped into the labyrinth for the first time, I had one goal, to save my baby brother and to stop the Goblin king, Jareth. I had escaped, I got my brother back and now I was back to normality. If you could even call it that, everything was different and I just couldn't help but think of the man that had given me a choice that day, that would of bowed down to me and let me love him, a part of my regretted letting him go like that.

It was years on, I was an adult now, I had moved away from home, finding my own apartment and settling in, I was happy, but in the back of my mind, I heard the familiar song of As the world falls down, he sang to me when he danced with me, when we 'fell in love', and when he made me forget everything. I unpack some boxes in my bedroom, as I opened up the window, I noticed an Owl was perched on a tree in the distance, cooing away, it was late, so I kind of expected it, but I remembered that Jareth used the Owl as a disguise before he turned into 'the Goblin king'.

I watched the Owl for a little while, I was intrigued and for some reason, it just made me calm, and I didn't know why. I sigh softly, before turning around and just finishing up unpacking, when I heard tapping on my window. I turn back, and I saw the face of the man that had first shown me how to love, and what real love was. I gasp, shell shocked. I didn't know what to say, I was frozen. He gave me this look, and he seemed so proud of himself, I open the window and I watch him, as he walked inside my bedroom.

"Well, you've moved out, I see." He looked around my bedroom, his eyes glancing to me every now and again, I ran a hand over my dark curls, my eyes glued to his, as he walked around me, "Such a young girl you were, but now, you've grown. You're an adult. And things have changed for you, dear y/n.." he glanced back at my bed, before he took me into his arms, surprising me further. "Why did you leave me, y/n?" He looked into my eyes, my heart almost stopped, he was so charming and he made me feel weak, a feeling I couldn't even control myself. "I grew up, Jareth. You know why I left. I had one purpose."

He shook his head, as he shook my arms, "Forget about the baby. I could of shown you a better way of life. I gave you a choice." He frowned, and I looked away from him, "I'm sorry, Jareth. I really am." I watch out the window as I heard a familiar tune, something I knew I had heard before, and I smiled.

"What is that?" I looked back at him, as he watched me, he took my hands and he pulled me back towards his chest, before we started to dance together, like it was the first time. He held onto my waist, his other hand on my shoulder as I did the same, and he started to sing to me again, like he had back then.

There's such a sad love
Deep in your eyes A kind of pale jewel
Open and closed Within your eyes
I'll place the sky
Within your eyes

There's such a fooled heart
Beatin' so fast
In search of new dreams
A love that will last
Within your heart
I'll place the moon
Within your heart
As the pain sweeps through,
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill is gone
Wasn't too much fun at all,
But I'll be there for you
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling down
Falling in love
I'll paint you mornings of gold
I'll spin you Valentine evenings
Though we're strangers 'til now,
We're choosing the path
Between the stars
I'll leave my love
Between the stars
As the pain sweeps through,
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill is gone
Wasn't too much fun at all,
But I'll be there for you-ou-ou
As the world falls down
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down, falling
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down, falling
Falling
Falling
Makes no sense at all
Makes no sense to fall
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
Falling in love
Falling in love
Falling in love
Falling in love

I was so invested in the song and the music, by the time it ended, he wasn't even there anymore, the window was open and he was gone, just like that. I notice a scrap of paper on the ground by the window and I pick it up.

'Be back soon. -J x'

I smiled to myself, watching the Owl flying away into the night sky, "That man. He's just impossible."