"Is this your entire plan?" Sebastian asked.

"Why do you care?"

"I don't. I'm disappointed, though."

I rolled by eyes and readjusted my grip on my blaster. The shapeshifters were rushing onboard the ship already. It wouldn't take long for them to be ready. As I watched, the cargo bay doors opened and Dean strode out with three dozen more people behind him. He assessed the situation and then started off toward the ship.

"I didn't want it to come to this, Tasha," Sebastian said.

"What did you think was going to happen?" I demanded. I didn't want to get drawn into conversation with him again but the man was infuriating. His single-minded determination to be willfully wrong was unparalleled.

"I thought I could make you see that what I'm doing here is for the best."

"We've been over this. Imprisoning people is wrong, end of story. But we don't have to agree. Once these people are onboard, we'll be gone."

"If you had just agreed to help me, we could have worked something out. Instead..." Sebastian looked out over the people hurriedly climbing into the ship. "Where will you go?"

"I'm not likely to tell you."

"Of course not."

I shook my head but didn't respond.

"Do you think they'll be able to survive on their own?" he continued, undeterred. "They have no skills, no trades. They'll be a burden on whatever planet you find for them. And will you stay with them? I can't see you being tied down."

I snapped. Pushing Sebastian against the wall, I demanded, "What the hell do you know about me? Don't act like us being friends twenty years ago makes you an expert."

I realized I was digging the phaser into his ribs and I pulled it back. With reluctance, I let go of his shoulder and took a step back. My face felt hot and I took a few quick breaths to try to calm myself. When I looked back at Sebastian, he had something like sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"For what?" I asked wearily.

"For turning you in. I didn't understand what I was doing. Maybe if I hadn't...well, that doesn't matter now. I'm sorry, though." He raised his right wrist to his mouth. "Now, Dominic."

My raised my hands to my ears as a roar filled the spaceport. From above, half a dozen ships descended, filling the sky. As I watched, they came to hover just above our heads, their engines filling the air. Movement caught my eye and as I watched, at least a dozen security officers came rushing out of the turbolift, blasters raised. Behind them walked Dominic and Brick

"Did you really think it would be this easy to kidnap the Prime Minister?"

I turned to look at Sebastian. He straightened his suit.

All the shapeshifters were on the main space dock floor by now, looking up at the ships in horror. The security officers came to a stop just in front of Matt and myself.

"Give it up," Dominic said. His eyes were cold. Beside him stood Brick, his eyes fixed on the floor.

I looked between Sebastian and Dominic and then to the security officers, all while listening to the engines of the ships above me. If they opened fire, they could wipe us out in a matter of seconds. At the edge of the room, Sam and Otten were watching me.

"It's over, Tasha," Sebastian said so softly that I was certain I was the only one who could hear him. I looked at him and gritted my teeth when I found pity on his face. With a muffled growl, I dropped the phaser on the ground. Matt reluctantly followed suit. Sebastian stepped away and turned to face me as he stood next to Dominic.