2. If I Killed Someone For You

Start from the beginning

-The air smells like copper; lots of blood. Breathe through your mouth –Grissom indicated as we climbed the stairs and then we found the first body- Male Caucasian, approximately 40 years old, lying in a pool of blood. No drag marks and body does not appear to have been moved. Multiple stab wounds to the back and neck.. looks like a single edge blade. Head faces west, the feet pointing east.

-Grissom, ¿can you take your own notes? –I asked as I was dizzy and retching- I need a minute

-I got it –Sara appeared from nowhere and took the notebook I was writing on- Go get some fresh air.

I left the house without touching anything focused on not throwing out until getting a barf bag. Luckily, when I breathed fresh air and leaned on the SUV to have a fixed place, I was starting to feel better again. After a few minutes, the other team members began to arrive but Nick was the first to do it. He parked right next to me and when he got out of the car, he saw me.

-Hey, ¿what are you doing out here? –I looked at him and then he knew- ¡Oh! ¿That bad, huh?

-I thought it would never happen to me.. react like this.

-We all think it won't happen to us and then it does, so don't give it too much credit and wait to see a decomposing corpse.

-¡Wow! ¿Aren't you the life of the party? –I said ironically and we both smiled.

Once the whole team was together, Grissom told us how we were going to work and what each one was going to do.

-First rule for the crime scene; do not do any interviews

-First rule for the crime scene; do not do any interviews. Second rule; don't talk to the sheriff either. Killer was here not two hours ago, he left part of himself behind.

-Edmond Locard's exchange principle –I muttered, according to what Grissom said. In forensic science, Locard's principle holds that the perpetrator of a crime will leave something behind and take something with them.

-Exactly –Grissom nodded- Catherine, Sara, I need you inside, mapping and blood samples. Nick, Warrick, the perimeter. I wanna know how he got here, how he got in, how he got out and how he left.