•choose me•

•H.O•

Summary: Haz feels like Tom always wins, at everything. Can he win just this once?

Warnings: slight angst, cursing.

"How could you do that!" You yell at Tom, as he kills you in your video game.
"Sorry love, you got in my way" he laughs.
"I hate playing with you" you pout, setting your controller down.
"Cmon now, don't be like that." Tom says, pausing the game. "It's no fun without getting you all worked up."
You glare at him, but quickly start laughing. It's pretty difficult to stay mad at Tom.
"Oh.. I didn't know you were coming over Y/N." Haz says to you as he enters the room.
Haz is your best friend. You met him while he was working on a movie with Netflix. You were the hair stylist and spent a lot of time with him considering his hair is very pesky, and you've been inseparable ever since. You'd even go as far as to say that you have a tiny crush on him, but nothing could ever happen. he's him and you are you.
"Mate, she's been here for over an hour how did you not know?" Tom asks.
"Slept in." Haz replies blandly, sitting in the chair next to the couch.
"I should go call the producers and figure out when I have to leave" Tom says as he looks at his phone.
"Cmon, one more round so I can beat your ass." You say with a smirk.
"Darlin if you wanna see my ass, all you have to do is ask" He comments and you scoff.
"Get out of here" you shake your head as he leaves the room.
You turn to Haz, seeing he's having a grumpy morning. He has a lot of those.
"Turn that frown upside down" you smile.
"Can we go out today? Just us?" He asks, and you quickly realize why he's so grumpy.
Whenever Tom starts working on a new project, or has an event coming up, Haz gets a tad bit jealous. He loves his best friend and is very proud of him, but that doesn't stop the thoughts that run through his head. Wondering why he can't get the role, just this one time. Why they went to the same school but Tom is the one who's famous now and not him. He lets his jealousy take control sometimes, but he never stops supporting his best friend in everything he does. I admire him for that.
"Yeah, course." You say.
So you wait, letting Haz get ready for the day and try to figure out what you two could do to cheer him up.
"Guess who's going to the dolittle premiere with me next week." Tom says as he walks back into the room.
"Harrison?" You ask.
"Well yeah of course, but guess who else is going?" He says excitedly.
"No fucking way!" You exclaim. "Do I get to meet rdj?! Please tell me I get to meet him!"
"You'll meet him." Tom states and you can't contain your excitement, practically pouncing him into a hug.
"Oh my god this is the best day of my life!" You squeal.
Haz walks in, seeing you straddling Toms lap and you two hugging each other tightly. He raises a brow, not knowing what to think. Well, there is one thing he's thinking, and that's tearing you two apart.
"Guess who gets to go with you to the premiere!" You say as you jump off Tom, turning to Haz.
"That's great Y/N. We can go get you a dress today then." Haz smiles.
You two say goodbye to Tom, and head out to Harrisons car. This car holds many memories, like the first time you two hung out on your lunch break on set. He took you to lunch at an outdoor restaurant and it started pouring down rain, so you sat in the car to eat. You made a comment on how you liked the coconut air freshener, and though Haz wasn't too fond of it, he's never used a different scent since then. Mostly because he loved that his car smelled like your freshly washed hair.
"You two got handsy back there" he comments.
"Please, the boy told me I'm going to meet Robert. I'd get handsy with satan himself over that." You laugh.
Haz can't help but always think that you and Tom have a thing for each other, although neither of you verbally expressed interest in each other, it was definitely obvious. At least to Haz it was. How could you not like Tom? He's got everything. Good looks, talent, good personality, fame, money. You name is and Tom probably has it. Haz always has felt inferior to his best friend. How could he ever win anything when he's always up against the best?
He never thought he'd have to win his own best friend, against his other best friend, but the second you two met he regretted it. You and Tom clicked instantly and he quickly realized what an awful decision he's made.
You get to the dress shop, and walk inside. You're not one to wear fancy floor length dresses, hell you can barely walk in heels. For working in the beauty industry, you tend to feel less than beautiful. Especially in the fact that you wear the same neutral colors every single day. Haz knew this insecurity of yours, but his response is always the same. He always says that your beauty shines from your eyes and smile, not from how you dress.
"Can I help you find something special?" The lady working asks.
"I want to look hot." You say boldly, taking Haz off guard as he raises his brow at you.
"With a body like that? Shouldn't be too hard" the lady lets out a small laugh, guiding us over to the dresses.
"Budget?" She asks.
"Uhm, I'd like to stay under-" Haz cuts you off quickly.
"No budget." He says.
You look back at him confused, and he nods at you.
"I've got it" he says.
Just as your about to protest, the lady pulls you off to check out some dresses, earning a laugh from Harrison.
"I don't know about this one, Haz." You say, barley peeking your head out the curtain to meet his blue eyes.
"Cmon, can't be that bad." He encourages.
You step out and his eyes widen double the size, and his mouth drops slightly.
"Get the fuck back in there." He demands and you laugh, stepping back in. "Jesus Christ your entire ass was out."
As much as Haz wouldn't mind staring at you in that dress a little longer, he wasn't about to risk anyone else seeing you dressed like that.
"This is it! This is the one!" You call out.
"Let's see it" he says.
You open the curtain, stepping out to show him the perfectly tailored rose colored dress. It's got cut outs, and fits tightly in all the right places. It's not too short, not too long. Just the perfect dress.
You give him a little spin, and a smile grows on his face.
"It's red" he says, noticing You finally like something on yourself that isn't neutral.
"It is, I like it." You say.
"You look beautiful, Y/N." He nods.
"Beautiful? I look hot! Check out my ass!" You exclaim, turning your hips to the side and he lets out a small laugh, shaking his head at you.
"Yeah it's a great ass." He says.
You change out of the dress and back into your clothes. After Haz buys it for you, you thank him a million and one times, to which he continually tells you to stop thanking him.
You two go get lunch together, and you're happy to see that Harrison has been happy since you left the house. Maybe he just needed some time out. After finishing up with lunch you decide to go back to his place and help him figure out how he wants his hair for the event. Having a personal hair stylist is quite convenient for him.
You play around with his hair, loving how he's let it grow out into beautiful blonde curls. You can't help but think about how it'd feel to pull them, feeling the tips of his curls tickling your thigh..
you shake your head, pushing those thoughts aside. You use to have those kind of thoughts about him all the time when you first met, but you've gotten better at not thinking about him in that way.
"You good?" He asks you, making eye contact through the mirror.
"Yeah" you nod. "Just lost in a daydream"
"Yeah? What about?" He asks as you put a couple products into his hair.
"Nothing to worry your pretty little head about" you tease as you style the curls perfectly. "Do you like it?"
"I do, thank you." He says, looking at himself In the mirror.
"Hey what's going on in here?" Tom asks as he walks in.
"Figuring out Haz's hair for the premiere" you answer.
"Do mine! It's a mess." Tom says.
You'd be lying if you said you weren't trying to get your hands on his curls for a while now. Tom has gorgeous hair, and you're a sucker for curly locks.
"Take a seat" you say.
Haz sits on his bed, watching as you mess with Toms hair.
"The things I could do with this hair" you mutter.
"Yeah girls tend to have a thing for pulling it" Tom smirks and you roll your eyes at him.
"Yeah, sure they do" you say sarcastically.
Tom is quite the flirt, with just about any girl, but especially with you. It drives Harrison crazy, not only that Tom is constantly flirting with you, but that you engage with it. You have fun with it.
You do a different style with Toms hair, something less fluffy and more sharp. Something to really accentuate his features.
"Okay.. all done. How's it look?" You ask as he looks at himself in the mirror. He spins around in the chair to face you.
"I don't know, you tell me." He smirks.
"You're a 10 Tom" you say with a laugh as he stands up.
"Well darling, I didn't know you thought so highly of me" he says.
"I don't, but I do think highly of my work" you say, starting a little banter.
At this point, Haz doesn't want to sit here and listen to this anymore, so he gets up and leaves the room. Disappointment sets in when he realizes no one even noticed him leave, hearing you in there giggling at whatever stupid shit Tom is saying now. God he doesn't want to be jealous.. but he can't help it.

Tonight is the premiere and to say you're excited is an understatement. This is your first time getting to do something like this with the boys. Normally they all leave to these fancy premieres and you're stuck eating popcorn on the couch watching it happen from twitter. Not tonight though.
You step into your dress, sliding it up your body and pulling the zipper. It gets stuck right at the middle of your ass and you groan. Of course you're going to have dress malfunctions right before you have to leave.
"Harrison!" You call, desperately needing your best friends help.
"Haz please I need help!" You call a little louder.
The door opens and you turn to see not Haz, but Tom. Specifically Tom in his boxers.
"What do you need doll face?" He asks.
"I'm having a problem with the zipper." You sigh.
Tom walks behind you in the mirror, and you see his brows raise as he gets behind you.
"Nice panties." He comments and you scoff.
"Just zip me up you disgusting boy." You say.
"Aw Cmon now, why else would you be wearing such lacy panties if you weren't trying to impress me" he smirks as he pulls on your zipper.
"What the fuck?" Haz says from the doorway.
Haz couldn't believe what he was seeing. Why are both of his best friends half naked in the room together?
"I told you not to fuck with her." Haz says angrily to Tom as the zipper reaches the top. Tom removes his hands from you, laughing.
"Mate I just came in here to help with her zipper. Nothing happened." Tom explains.
"You know what? It doesn't even fucking matter" Haz mutters, leaving the room.
Tom gives you a weird look, completely confused by what just happened.
"Maybe I should talk to him?" He asks.
"No. I should. Go get dressed I'll figure out what's going on." You say, leaving the room and headed to Harrisons.
You open the door slowly, seeing him laying back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.
You walk over, laying down on the bed next to him, watching him, trying to read him.
"Hazzy?" You say softly.
"Hmm?" He hums, still not looking at you.
"Why did you get so upset just now?" You ask.
Finally Harrisons eyes look over to you, he can't even look at you without every nerve in his body calming down. He can't be upset, because when he's with you everything is okay.
"He gets everything." He says plainly.
"He gets everything?" You question.
Haz sits up, and you follow along with him, moving to face him, giving him all your attention.
"He gets the roles, he gets the fame, he gets the friends and the fancy cars and-" he cuts himself off, staring down at his fingers. He can't say it, because if he says it then it's real. The last thing he wants is for this last sentence to be real.
"And what?" You encourage.
His blue eyes look into yours.
"And he gets the girl." Haz states.
You sit there, trying to take in what Haz just said. He's upset.. because he thinks you like Tom. He thinks you like Tom?!
You move your hand up, gliding your fingers across his cheek. Goosebumps rise on his skin as he watches your eyes flicker from his to his lips, adding your other hand to caress his other cheek.
You move closer, and lean in, pressing your lips to his softly.
"I love you Haz. Only you." You say.
He looks down at you with a small smile, before grabbing your face and pulling you in to kiss him once more. He moves his lips onto yours roughly, frantically, as if he's been waiting his whole life for this one moment. Everything in his world is complete now, knowing you want him.
Tom can have all the fame and fortune, because Haz got the real prize. You.

A/N: this got me in my feels you're welcome.