♡ asanoya - sleep is for the weak ♡

Start from the beginning

“Mhm! Don’t be late.”

And with that Nishinoya skipped in the opposite direction, running home to prepare the best sleepover the world had ever seen. While he was cleaning his room, (which was very, very messy), he found an old bluetooth speaker that seemed to still work fine. He, of course, played very romantic music. It was Asahi he was spending the night with afterall. He picked his favorite pjs, the ones he found in the little boy’s section with the volleyball print. 

Although Nishinoya was a disaster in the kitchen, he managed to make a batch of cookies, surprisingly not burnt. He called up the pizza place and ordered a large cheese pizza and a 2 liter of root beer. He may have had luck baking the cookies, but he didn’t want to risk ruining dinner. 

A few moments later, Asahi arrived in his plaid pj pants and a loose volleyball shirt.

“Asahi, Asahi! You’re here! Oh, I love your shirt. We match, see, see!”

Asahi didn’t quite have the same energy levels that Nishinoya did, but he still smiled and nodded. He was also slightly happy that they both had volleyball - themed pjs. 

The sun was already setting and the sky was pinkish blue. Nishinoya’s mother was the only one home, and his father was away on a business trip, although his mother worked all day from 3 in the morning until 5, so she was already asleep by 6. 

The doorbell rang just after Asahi had set his bags down and sat on the couch. Nishinoya jumped up and got the pizza. Asahi’s eyes sparkled at the rootbeer. 

“Noya! I love root beer. Haha, you’re awesome!”

They enjoyed the pizza and ran up to Nishinoya’s room. A few hours past where they just spent time talking about trivial things or playing on their phones. The time was now 10.00, and Asahi was beginning to get sleepy.

“Hey, Noya, where am I going to sleep?”

Nishinoya didn’t think that through.

“Well, I have my bed. We can share, right? If not I can sleep on the floor, I do it all the time!”

Asahi laughed a little. Nishinoya was too chaotic for his own good. Along with that, Asahi didn’t hate the idea of sharing the bed with Nishinoya - his only main concern was that it might be a little awkward since he has a huge crush on Nishinoya. 

He enjoyed every part of Nishinoya. Everything he did was so unbelievably perfect. 

“Haha. Noya, that can’t be comfortable or good for your back. We can share the bed, if you don’t have any problems with it. Didn’t you say you have a trundle?”

“Oh, um. It broke so it’s being fixed in the garage. I don’t have any problem sharing a bed, so I think we should be good with that for now.”

Nishinoya was blushing a vibrant peachy shade, as was Asahi. 

“Well, does it matter right now anyways?”  Nishinoya smiled and winked. 

“Yes, Noya. We aren’t staying up all night.”

“But Asahi! Sleep is for the weak! Plus…”

That was what scared Asahi. Plus what? With Nishinoya, it could really be anything. 

“I heard people get really sentimental late at night and reveal a bunch of big secrets. It sounds like fun, Asahi! Let’s do it!”

Nishinoya knew it didn’t take staying up late for Asahi to be sentimental. He was sentimental over absolutely everything, no matter how stupid or absurd it was. Stuff like, ‘oh, my last January at Karasuno.’ or ‘Ah, we are in the last 100 lunches at Karasuno.’ would be part of his conversations quite regularly. That wasn’t what Nishinoya was going for. It was the secrets part that he was interested in. 

“Ah, Noya. I don’t know if that’s a very good idea, and-”

“Please, pretty please Asahi! Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top!”

Asahi was weak. He just couldn’t, no matter how hard he tried to say ‘no, we need sleep.’ it just would come out. He gave in with a sigh, knowing Nishinoya wouldn’t let him sleep much that night. Oh well, it was more time he got to spend with Nishinoya afterall. Personal time with Nishinoya, and even though it wasn’t too rare, he still loved whenever he got the opportunity. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Another 3 hours had been spent, and it was now around 1.00 am. Asahi was trying his best to stay awake while Nishinoya was unaffected.

“Asahi, Asahi!”

“Hm?” Asahi groggily responded, seconds from falling asleep.

“You can go to sleep, if, and only if…”

Asahi was scared again. It was still Nishinoya. It could still be absolutely anything.

“You tell me who your crush is!” Asahi was too tired to think properly, so he totally forgot the person he was talking to was his crush.

“Oh, that’s it? It’s this really cute second year from my volleyball team. He’s the libero, and his hair is super cool, it’s up. His name is Nishinoya Yuu.” 

Asahi was so tired that he was brought into a lovestruck daze at the thought of Nishinoya. 

“Okay! My turn. I like this third year. He’s the ace and he’s super cool. His name is Asahi Azumane.”

Asahi woke up at that. He was fully awake by now and was staring at Nishinoya, his whole face scarlet.

“You really mean that?”

“Of course! Haha, look who’s not sleepy anymore.”

Adrenaline was pumping through Asahi’s veins. He had waited for this moment for so long and sleep wasn’t going to get in the way of it. 

They spent the rest of the night chatting away, (mainly at where they should go for their first date), and didn’t fall asleep until 6.42 am, but neither of them minded. After falling asleep, they spent the first 8 hours of daylight cuddling.