chap. 6 || training camp

Start from the beginning

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'So...this is Karasuno...? But where's their number 9 and 10?'

Thoughts began to take over your mind when team Karasuno started practicing with your team. And your expectations about them weren't quite you were expecting. They were very quick and quirky and when it comes to the energy they have it almost seems like their stamina is endless. But they were also quite clumsy like you. Balls flying everywhere and Kiyoko the goddess has to apologize to you whenever you were almost at the brink of death.

Handing the team their water as usual, you decided to ask Kuroo about their missing team members. But when you did he only chuckled weirdly before answering, "Number 9 and 10 are on supplementary classes. I heard they failed on English..."

"Oh. That's awful. Although I gotta say, English is a pretty hard subject," you told the rooster head, hugging the towel sheets for the boys, tight on your chest. The day continued on, but Nekoma against Fukurodani was the match you always looked forward too before Nekoma against Karasuno.

The captain of Fukurodani; Bokuto Koutaro was his name, kept shouting "Hey! Hey! Hey!" every time he makes a point. It indeed annoyed you a bit, but Kaori, also one of Fukurodani's managers, only told you to get used to his odd actions including during in a volleyball match. 

It was almost afternoon, and you were taking down notes of your team's game for today, including with Karasuno and Fukurodani. You were doing your usual schedule for the boys — give them water to drink, some fresh towels to wipe themselves with, and get back to watch closely into the match.

It was getting really intense with the training match. Unfortunately, your team had unsurprisingly, won again. Doing your usual work, members of Nekoma separated to take a little break from the practices until Karasuno's number 9 and 10 had arrived.

Kuroo was with Bokuto as usual, Lev was practicing receives with Yaku because unfortunately, Kenma didn't want to train with him and the pudding head was now in a corner, playing with his video games. Shibayama, Inouka and Kai were talking about the types of practices your team will be planning to create once the original practice match with Karasuno begun. And Fukunaga was with Yamamoto, chatting with each other with water bottles in their hands and even though Fukunaga barely speaks.

You wondered how Yamamoto manages to start a conversation with him.

Yachi was awkwardly standing beside you, her hands intertwined with each other as you could see her sweat drop down her head. You nervously chuckled. She flinched. "Yachi-Chan, are you doing ok?" You asked the blond. Yachi nodded her head quickly.

"You look nervous," you told the girl before chuckling. Yachi laughed sheepishly, "Ehehe, w-well it's just that I didn't expect this court to be filled with a lot of tall guys. It's my first time in a place like this so it...it actually scares me a bit...I feel like an ant beside them..." she says, rubbing her shoulders as she shivered in fear. You patted her back. "Y-You'll be fine! It's my first time too in a place like this...I was only a new manager to my team a few weeks ago, so I don't know how to handle with these tall people..." you spoke to her before rubbing the hem of your neck.

Her eyes widen a little, before she beamed brightly at you, "Wahhh!! Really?! So you're just like me!! I'm also new to this team a week ago! I'm so glad!" Yachi exclaims, her eyes filled with satisfaction. You laughed. "Oh really? What year are you? I'm a first year."

"WAHHHH!!! I-I'M A FIRST YEAR, TOO!!" Yachi yelled in delight, grabbing your hands in hers as her eyes were filled with sparkles. You giggled. "My, my, Yachi-San. Y-You look happy..."

"I-It's because I am..." Yachi replied, her eyes filled with tiny tears. You started to freak out. "Eh?! Y-Yachi-Chan?! W-What's wrong?! Is it something I said?!"

'Oh shit...Shimizu-Senpai is going to kill me!!'  Just as you thought when Kiyoko suddenly walked towards you two, her face drenched in worry.

"Hey, what happened? Yachi-

Suddenly, the gym doors opened, revealing a slender woman wearing a black colored tank top and brown pants with a black belt. She has short, honey blond colored hair along with two bracelets on each of her wrists. "Ah, good. They're still at it..." she says, clearly almost out of breath. "We made it just in time~!!" She adds.

Looking at the gym door, two boys came walking towards after the woman. One with orange colored locks and the other with black hair, both of their faces saying 'I'm ready.' That's when your eyes went wide. "That's..."you muttered, quietly.

"So the main characters showed up fashionably late, huh? Oh how tacky..." Kuroo says, letting out a chuckle afterwards. You looked at your rooster Senpai before staring back at the two. Your mind started to race, excitement filling up your bones when Yachi greeted them. "Hinata! Kageyama!"

'So that's the missing number 9 and 10...'