With a yawn sleeping past her lips, she scanned through the letter.

Her eyes met with Taki's blinking ones. She asked, "What time is it?" in a very soft voice.

She shuffled away from the comfort of her futon and left her room with Taki flying behind her.

She started to prepare herself in front of Kagaya.

Mitsuko,

I heard from your crow you had been resting to recover your wounds. I pray for your continuous recovery. I apologize for writing a letter so suddenly.

If it doesn't bother you, can you visit us? I appreciate your accompany and wish to discuss what had occurred during your battle with the Upper Moon Two. It is so we can find the right way to make a countermeasure and to prevent the lost of our Pillars.

Ubayashiki Kagaya

Mitsuko was lightly tugging onto her raven hair, getting the feel of the bandages still wrapped around her head. A dissatisfied pout was resting on her mouth. She wanted the bandages to off from the crown of her head.

"Ah! Mi-nee!"

Arms wrapped around her waist. If it wasn't for her good sense of balance, she would've crashed onto the dirt with the heir of the Ubayashiki family.

"K-Kiriya-sama!" Mitsuko was stuttering mess at the sudden display of affection of the boy.

Kiriya looked up at her. "You called me Kiriya-sama. I don't like it."

Mitsuko was pulling off a confused yet smiling face. When did Kiriya had gotten so childish? It wasn't that Kiriya has a childish personality. Mitsuko was only confused and surprised at the fact he was acting like his own age.

Mitsuko patted the boy's head. "Well, Kiriya-chan, you should go back to play with your sisters. I'm sure Amane-san barely allow you to play."

He realized the accurate fact about their family. He removed himself from her and started running where he and his other sisters are.

"Oto-sama is waiting for you inside," Hinaki spoke from behind.

Mitsuko snapped her head to see Hinaki smiling lightly at her. She swore they might have the power to conceal their presence from others.

"Right. It's nice to see you, Hinaki-san."

Hinaki nodded in acknowledgement.

"I'm sorry for Kiriya's sudden disruption," Nichika apologized.

"It was nothing. Actually, I'm relieved."

The two older twins didn't dare to question her statement and accompanied her to where Kagaya was.

* * *

"You're still here."

Mitsuko peered over her shoulder to see Amane approaching her with light and elegant steps.

Being in her presence made the atmosphere comfortable for Mitsuko. Her heart is always at ease when she was with Amane. She didn't know why and she didn't care. It was one of her small list of reassurance and home.

Mitsuko offered a smile, "Yes. Kagaya-sama suggested I should stay for a while before leaving."

A soft pat on the head was enough for Mitsuko to fully relaxed. At the motherly touch, she felt all of the burden on her shoulders was lifted, even for a moment. Amane's loving touch didn't trigger any lingering pain in her bandaged head.

The woman asked, "How have you been doing?" She took a seat beside her on the engawa. The tranquility of the garden was doing its own miracle of soothing her nerves.

Absentminded, Mitsuko fiddled with the scarlet bead hair accessory. She replied, "Currently recovering from an Upper Moon confrontation."

Amane hummed.

Bringing her legs close to her, she hugged them securely. Her chin rested on her kneecaps. In a soft murmur, she spoke, "I wish I am strong."

"You are strong."

"I want to be stronger than anyone else, Amane-san." The said woman remained quiet. "Then, I will be able to save everyone. They won't die. If... If I was stronger, Kanae-nee-san would still be here."

There was a crack in her voice. It was barely noticeable with how soft and fluidly she spoke.

Amane guided Mitsuko so that the child's head was on her lap.

"Amane-san?"

"Shh." Amane caressed Mitsuko's head with fond touches. Softly, she spoke, "You are already strong, Mitsuko. Stronger than anyone in your age. Kanae passing away is part of this cruel world and its fate. If she were to see you now, she would be saddened."

Amane smiled. "You don't need to carry everything by yourself. It's okay to be weak. No hero is perfect, Mitsuko. They won't be able to save everyone. Strong people are not always strong. They can become weak and they can cry too."

As Amane gazed at Mitsuko's slightly widened eyes, she smiled.

Tears spilled from Mitsuko's eyes.

"C-Can I cry?"

"Of course."

Mitsuko brought her hands to cover her face. She cried quietly as she lay down on Amane's lap. The woman continued to caress her head in a comforting manner.

This world we live of dark and pain
Beneath a veil, so cold and vain
I see you sleep in peace you keep
Safe and alone~"

Mitsuko deserves a mother's love in a cruel world where she doesn't deserve to be in.

"I sing a song of prayer and faith
To keep you warm, to keep you safe
This lonely fields will hear my fears
And shine anew~"

"Everything's going to be alright, Mitsuko."