[7] Game of Kings and Queens

Four updates I-

Four updates I-

Reader POV

I smiled as Vanessa told me stories of the time before our mother became obsessed with our magic.

According to Vanessa, she was very happy as a child.

"Hey, Vanessa?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Do you ever wonder about soulmates?"

She shrugged. "I guess. I mean, I know you have your soulmate. The threads only appear when you've made contact with him or her."

"Him. I'm not too fond of him," I sheepishly smiled. "I guess it makes sense that you can see it since you have fate magic."

From what I could tell, she really missed it when our mother wasn't some magic-obsessed woman with a knack for keeping us captive fo the sole purpose of using our magic and controlling our minds.

The queen tried to use her blood magic on me, but I repelled her spell with my own.

Before we could discuss further, a huge blast of metal and dark magic hit the walls of the castle.

"Oi!" I recognized that voice.

"Yami Sukehiro!"

"Not just him," It was Captain Nozel!

"Are you two just going to sit there like ducks? Let's go!"

Vanessa looked scared to go. "(y/n)..." she held my hand with wide eyes.

"Come, little sister." I guided her out of the cage and let her climb out first. She landed in Yami's arms with a huge blush.

"Just where do you think you are taking my children?" Witch Queen was furious. "My eldest has been taken from me once. Not again!"

I peered into her mind, my eyes glowing white as I saw what she saw.

Witch Queen's Memories 

I watched through the eyes of a bird everything.

How my mother fell in love with my father, a guy who saved her from a hurricane storm with his fire magic, warding off the Diamond generals who tried to seize control of her forest.

She hated him at first but he had fallen in love.

She could see their soulmate strings and decided what the hell, let's just get this over with.

I watched their small wedding that no other witch attended except the officiator, but then tragedy stuck. 

My father's siblings attacked House Grinberryal, the heir to the Spade kingdom brought to the church in Hage.

My hands flew to my mouth as I heard his name.

Prince Yuno.

My father ended up dying, protecting the witches forest from being obliterated by the Dark Triad.