"Your at a special agency, whose purpose is to... Help develop cures for deadly diseases. You and your sister are simply here to be tested for it, and if you're clean, you'll be sent home," the man said.

"If that were really the case then why did you go to such great lengths to get us here and not take any of the other kids at my school?" Ethan questioned.

The man smiled then said, "I don't think I catch your meaning. You two volunteered for this."

"You killed a cop!" Ethan said, raising his voice a little. "My high school, looks like a fricking war zone, you drugged me and I'm assuming my sister, and now you're holding me in a room with no handle on the inside of the door. I don't know about you but I think if I'd volunteered for something like this, not only would I remember doing so, but I wouldn't be being held in a prison cell. So what are we really doing here?"

"You Convichs are very perceptive people aren't you?" the man said in a smooth tone before saying, "Very well, if you really want to know what you're doing here, you are simply here so we can run a few tests as I said. If you pass, you and your sister will be sent home."

"And if we don't pass?" Ethan asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously at the man.

The man simply smiled then turned and began walking towards the door as he said, "Be prepared. Tomorrow we will begin testing." He then knocked on the door, and a guard outside opened it waiting for the man to exit the room. Once the man had done so, the door was closed and Ethan was once again alone.

Agent 2 entered the high tech lab, which was currently buzzing as several agents in lab coats rushed around preparing equipment for the testing tomorrow

Agent 2 entered the high tech lab, which was currently buzzing as several agents in lab coats rushed around preparing equipment for the testing tomorrow. Disregarding all the other people in the room, he casually walked towards the smaller office at the back of the much larger lab. He opened the door to the office and stepped inside, closing the door behind him as he did so.

"Is everything prepared, 8?" He asked as he walked up to the desk where a younger agent in a lab jacket sat looking over two files on his desk.

Agent 8 then leaned back in his chair and replied saying, "Just about. My assistants are preparing the lab for testing." He then glanced back down at the pictures provided in the files before looking up at Agent 2 again and adding, "They certainly look like their parents, don't they?" There was a short silence before he spoke again saying, "Does 13 know?"

"No she doesn't," Agent 2 replied, "and we're going to keep it that way. If she knew... Then these past nine years of reincorporating her into this agency would be for nothing. You know her."

"I do, and I agree with you. She can't know. Wouldn't want a repeat of last time now would we?"

"Exactly," Agent 2 put in. "We'll do the girl first. I want to rule her out before moving on to the boy."

Agent 8 raised a brow before saying, "Very well, but if I may ask, why do you suspect the boy more than her?"

"Check the dates," Agent 2 replied pointing to the spots in the files where Mariah and Ethan's birth dates were. "Mariah was born a small handful of years before 13 ever met Convich, whereas the boy was born barely a year after."

"I see," Agent 8 said, rubbing his chin. "So it's more likely then that the boy would be the half breed rather than her."

"Precisely. But just to be sure we should rule her out first," Agent 2 suggested.

"Understood," Agent 8 said before looking back down at the files on Mariah and Ethan once more before closing them up and placing them to the side just as another agent entered the room handing a report over to Agent 2.

"Ah, Agent 99, just the man I wanted to see," Agent 2 said as he glanced over the paper in his hand before looking over at the man who'd handed it to him. "You were the one who led the extraction, correct?"

"I was," Agent 99 replied.

Agent 2 smirked as he said, "Great," then his face hardened as he added, "maybe next time you could be a little more damn discrete!"

"It won't happen again, Sir," he said in a soldierly manner.

"That's what you said last time. I swear if you ever pull that crap again, I will not hesitate to shoot you in that pretty face of yours. Got it?!" Agent 2 yelled before storming out of the office and back through the lab.

Agent 99 clenched his jaw as he turned to face Agent 8 who simply raised his hands in surrender and said, "What? I didn't tell him."