3

the aroma of strong coffee filled my senses. it had been 2 weeks since our appointment at the fertility clinic.

grayson had been down. he kept telling me how he was sorry that he couldn't fulfil our dreams. that he would be fine if i decided to leave him for someone who was fertile. "its okay" i told him whilst cupping his cheek, "the doctor said we had options".

we sat on the worn out sofa, hands laced together waiting for his brother to arrive.

"hey guys, sorry i'm late. parking was a bitch today"

"hey e" replied grayson

ethan had been a bit sporadic since ending his longterm relationship. he'd said how he realised she wasn't the one he wanted to settle down with. they were on different paths, her in the height of her career whilst his was slowing down.

"any updates from the clinic?" he questioned

grayson looked at our hands, intertwined. "not at the moment" i answered, "they said they've got a few suitable donors, but we don't want suitable, ya know. we want it to be perfect. they need to be special. after all, they will be helping us more than they'll ever know. but we're staying positive aren't we, gray?"

"yeah i guess, but we just want it to happen now. we're so excited"

his thumb stroked mine softly as he reached down to pick up his coffee.

"you know, i've been thinking, i don't know if its something you'd be interested in. but it'd be an honour to be your donor."

my hand clenched around grayson's, and grayson's eyes darted towards me. the moment was filled with a thick cloud of silence.

"are you.. are you being serious?" i questioned nervously

"yes, only if you're comfortable. of course i'd love to help you guys out. i could phone the clinic and ask for some information on how to get started"

-

2 years later and we're back bois, lets get this story started