The cocky burglar, and the crazy baker

Start from the beginning

She remained standing.

"Fine," Allen chuckled, "How have you been, Amaya?"

"Good. Ready to take on Doughnut Dottie," Amaya folded her arms, smirking, "You gonna try to stop me?"

"No. The reason I called you in here is I heard something that caught my attention," Allen looked her square in the eyes.

"And? Please don't keep me in suspense, I couldn't handle it."

"Have you been hanging around Owen?"

The question caught her by surprise, but she kept her face stoic, she shook her head.

"No?" Allen raised an eyebrow, "I heard a small girl in a catsuit was seen with a guy dressed entirely in black." Allen's gaze was cold, "What were you doing with him? He owes us money, and he's a renegade, not with any faction, trying to do, well, whatever he's trying to do."

"I. Wasn't. With. Him," Amaya growled through clenched teeth.

Allen didn't look convinced, "I feel like you're lying to me, Amaya. It won't end well if that's the case. Owen and Violet need to pay for the shit they stole, and if they won't, well, I'll find a way," he folded his hands together, "If I get solid evidence you've been hanging around either of them, I'll have you bound and gagged, and our standard punishment will be enforced. By Mrs. Calder," Allen steepled his fingers under his chin.

Amaya frowned, "Why is this so important to you? Let it go. Those two were the best, I doubt you'll ever catch them. And I'm your favorite, you won't have me tied up."

Allen sighed, "Something needs to change, and I have to start enforcing our rules more stringently. We cannot afford to continually lose money. Stay away from them," Allen handed her a file, "Here's Doughnut Dottie's info. You may go now."

Amaya tossed her head, then walked out, cooly kicking the door shut behind her. Pompous bastard. Nobody is going to stop me from hanging out with Owen, he's the only one I really like anyway. Amaya shrugged, then decided to sit at the conference table and give the file a look over. She may be arrogant, but does like to know the layout of the building and its occupants. Full disclosure was part of a successful robbery.

***********************************

Doughnut Dottie sadly swept her broom across the floor, sweeping up the fragments of glass that had fallen across the spotless, polished surface of her very own doughnut shop, called Doughnut Dottie's of course. A matronly woman, she is slightly overweight with a large, barrel shaped chest. Thick ankles and meaty legs ensured she was never the most graceful, but Dottie was solid, and knocked over any girl who had made fun of her in high school. An attractive enough face, framed in short curly black hair, red lips, and striking green eyes. Dottie was in a knee length, short sleeve pink waitress dress, with black accents at the collar, sleeves, and a black apron stained with flour dust. She glanced at the closed sign of her store, then paused sweeping, remembering what happened only earlier today.......

"Welcome to Doughnut Dottie's, can I take your order?" Dottie asked in her heavy Boston accent.

The man, dressed in a cheap pinstripe business suit that practically screamed gangster, glanced down at the display case full of doughnut wonders, and pointed his middle finger at one that said, 'Banana Creamster, Straight From Jamaica!', "I thought that fucking one had LSD in it?" he snapped.

Doughnut Dottie looked around, worried her more upstanding patrons had heard him, then she frowned mightily at him, "Mister," she hissed quietly, "That's not how you get my stuff. You're supposed to ask for what you want, then say you want it extremified. After that I tell you what's your poison, and you are supposed to memorize and have ready the code for each 'specialty'," Dottie pantomimed quotation marks with her fingers on the last word. She kept her voice low and pleasant.