Chapter 2

When Chris finally showed up I sat on the ground, almost completely naked. Bruises and stains of dried blood were all over my body. He parked his car, before he ran out and kneeled beside me. His eyes were filled with concern and fear. His hands were shaking. 

-Emmett, what the fuck happened? 

I blinked and looked up at him. Isn't it obvious you morron? He stood up and held his hand out at me. We walked toward the car. He glanced down at my body and looked like he had seen a ghost. Neither of us said anything through the car ride. The radio was blasting some outdated 80's music. I chuckled. Chris looked over at me, before he smiled at well. He took his hand off the wheel and started to vibe at the music. 

"I think I have a cowboy hat at the back? Can you check?" He said and grinned. 

"Please, don't" I said while laughing and crying. 

"Hey, we are almost there. Let's just get you settled in and we will talk about it in the morning, okay? 

I nodded and rested my face at the window glass. Travis. He would never forgive me. I weren't enough for him. I could never be. I would never be a great enough man for him. I bit my lip and threw my head a bit back.  Trying to prevent the tears from streaming down. "You know, I accepted the drink" I whispered and looked over at Chris. 

"Emmett. Stop. Stop. Breath. Please."

I looked down at my body trembling, but I couldn't stop. It felt like every muscle in my body were on fire and I started to gasp for air. Chris looked over at me slightly panicking. The car speeded up. I could feel the taste of vomit in my throat. None of us saw the trailer coming toward us, before it were to late.   

_____________________________________________

I opened my eyes. There were blood everywhere. "Please, don't be dead" I whispered and looked straight ahead. Not having the courage to check upon Chris. I shut my eyes again and hot the dashboard with my hand. This could not be happening. I could feel my body trembling again. We were not on the railway anymore. 

"Chris!" I yelled and turned toward him. He had pieces of glass stuck inside his body and there was so much blood. I poked him in the shoulder and tried to see if he was responsive. 

"Emmett. Tell Carrie. I love her" he mumbled and started to spit out blood. 

"Don't you dare give up" I hissed and pulled up my phone. The trailer had been turned onto the other side in the collision. The driver stood outside of the car and started to run toward us. I pulled up my phone. 

"Are you guys, okay?" he opened up Chris's door and his jaw fell. 

"I have called 911. They will be here soon" he whispered and looked over at me. 

I nodded. My hand were shaking and blood was streaming down from my flesh wounds. Flesh wounds were not that dangerous. I took of my seatbelt and limped over to the other side the car. "What do we do?" said the trailer driver.

"I don't know. I can't think straight." I mumbled and pulled up my phone. 

"I need to call Travis. Don't I? They would know what to do." I said and rang. 

It felt like hours until he responded. I checked Chris's pulse and started to observe his wounds. There was so much blood everywhere. 

"Hi, I can't really speak. We are on our way to a call" he shouted into the phone. I bit my tongue and tried to focus upon Chris, but the incident of yesterday played over again in my head. 

"Yeah. But, but."

"I really have to go, Emmett"

"Chris was in the driver seat. He has pieces of glass into himself. I think he has a pulse. His eyes are open, but he can't communicate. He coughed up blood. There is blood everywhere, Travis."

There were a moment of silence. He was probably just adapting to the new facts. 

"Umh. Were they hit by a truck? Travis ask Emmett if they were hit by a truck" Jack shouted over the siren. Travis inhaled before going in full work mode.

" Probie, what is the first thing you do out in the field?"

"Protect the airways. There is so much " I started off, but Travis interrupted me.

"Get him out of car and get him onto the side. Does he have any flesh wounds?"

"Yeah, but there is glass. I can't."

"We are there soon. Just try to keep him alive and. And, Emmett are you okay?" His voice cracked at the end. 

"I am relatively fine." I answered and we carried Chris out of the car. I held his head over the ground. Trying to follow Travis's order. 

"What happened last night?" his voice went cold again. 

"I went out. Someone. I got drunk. I tried, Travis. But, he did not get off. I did not manage. " I stopped and took a breath.

"I can't talk about it now. It is too much, Travis. I can't concentrate" I whispered and tears started to stream down my cheeks. 

"Emmett. I love you."