"Why is he coming to pick me up?"

Gabrielle's parent hihad a big fight which resulted in a getting a divorce. Gabrielle wasn't exactly happy to see her father leave their home since she was closer to him and more like him, in looks and also in their phase of sports. She had her first heartbreak when hr left. Three months after the divorce and she was still broken refusing to let him have any contact with her unless he apologizes and come back home.

"Because you missed the bus and I'm not about to give you a ride to school. I have a date"

And her mother isn't doing anything to help make that happen.

"Sure" she said dryly "You can tell him not to bother, I can get to school myself" she stood up finishing her glass of milk.

Suddenly a car horn was heard outside the house.

"Seems your father is here already. You have no choice than to follow. Come on both of you scoot" she pushed them both out

"James"

"Suzanne"

Gabrielle parents Sure have a weird way of greeting each other. Especially after their divorce it just got worse.

"Daddy!" Ken rushed to hug his father, before running to sit in the front seat of the car.

Gabrielle stood to take look at her father. Saying nothing before centering to seat at the back of the car, putting on her earplugs to avoid any conversation with him.

Her mother shrugged when her ex husband looked at her "You know there is nothing I can do, you both just have to settle it some way" she returned back into the house to get things cleared up so she could prepare for her date.

He got into the car and drove them to school. Time to time looking through the mirror to see Gabrielle but she paid no attention to him looking out admiring her new city.

Gabrielle sometimes blames Florida for everything that happened with her parents. Because ever since they moved in here six months ago that's when her parents fight with each other started getting intense. Sometimes she wants to give it the tag of the Misfortune city but wouldn't because if there hadn't moved in here she wouldn't have met Bridget and Roco. Speaking of them she couldn't help but to hug them tightly.

Watching as her dad drove into the school entrance, she was already burning with excitement to see her friends.

"Thanks for the ride" she told her dad, before running towards her friends that were already waiting at the entrance of the school.

James sometimes wish his daughter could be as enthusiastic as she used to with him instead of being plain.

"Wait for me" her brother called behind her.

"We don't learn In the same building walnut head. Yours is over there" She pointed at the other side of the building within the school premises where lower graders study "Just in case you've forgotten"

Ken was trying his best to give her a hard time. He decided to make it a habit of his dragging his sister to take him to his class every single day there both got into school. Sometimes he purposely takes her through other route making her late for class just so he could avoid learning. But it seems after this summer she wasn't falling for it. I'm afraid to say, but I think you are alone in this ken.

"Yeah. Whatever! Like I don't know" he dryly as he walked to his class.

Gabrielle gave a happy dance before turning to her friends "Have missed you both!" She engulfed them in a bear hug, before they did their special trio friendship greetings.

"We've missed you too"

Bridget- Gabrielle's best female friend in school, drama team princess and also an accomplices in getting crazy work done.

"Someone really added during this break"

Roco. Tech guru, smartass, and Mr knows it all. Gabrielle and Bridget best male Friend. There are more of a trio and call themselves the GBR. Roco is very academically intelligent and helps both Bridget and Delilah most times in getting their home works done. He also has a very big crush on Gabrielle and tries his best not to show it because he values their friendship and will do his best not jeopardise it .

"Who?" She asked innocently.

"You" both Bridget and Roco said in unison.

"Oh! Please don't be rude" she bickered as gave Roco a little punch on his stomach"Now we have resumed, we couldn't keep in touch during summer, you both have to fill me in on everything" she hugged them on their neck as they entered into the school lobby.

You can say Gabrielle gets super energetic when she's with her friends.

"Well nothing really happened. Spent most of my time reading new books relating to our curriculum for this new session"

"Boring" Gabrielle and Bridget said together. Before bursting into laughter. "Bridget I'm sure you have something more juicy to say"

"Of course!" She smiled "When my parents and I took a trip to Africa, oh lord! It was so beautiful and interesting. I got to see their zoo and also visit some local towns. Yes even when I got to...."

Oh boy! She was going to be all dramatic and enthusiastic about her experiences in Africa. I'm sure she can go all day talking without taking a breathe