VIII. The Feeling's Mutual, Sweetheart

[EIGHT

[EIGHT.] the feelings mutual, sweetheart

] the feelings mutual, sweetheart

—"IT JUST CONFUSES ME." Seven admitted to the ghosts as they left the base. Duffel bags on their hands as they approach the plane.

"Why am I named Seven? I thought there's no Six?"

The hangover on Four's face went completely overshadowed with grim as he remembered their deceased teammate. Unable to decide if he'll tell the story to Seven, he looked at his teammates for an answer. He looked surprised when he saw them already looking at him. That of guilt and sympathy.

Six was like a long lost brother in this new found family of his. So when he caught a glimpse of his body pale and lifeless on that boat, he quietly cried himself to sleep that night. He didn't want them to hear. Didn't want him to hear.

He looked at One to see if there's just a hint of change in his demeanor. Just a slight flinch or a look.

There's none.

He bowed his head as he continued to walk.

Seven looked back at them, confused. Waiting for answer, he got disappointed as he was only met with silence and pointed looks. He eyed Eight walking next to him, expecting a response. But he didn't receive one. Instead, he noticed how her eyes danced towards One's general direction. Thinking that the look she gave their leader was a signal to ask him and not another thing entirely.

Not wanting to leave the question hanging, Seven proceeds to yell at One who was walking ahead of them.

"Hey, One, you ever plan on calling me Six?"

"No." their leader answered without hesitation. Not even looking back.

Seven internally groaned.

"Okay. Look." The sniper began in a more quiet voice, addressing the people walking next to him. "I know we don't get to ask..."