𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 | 𝐉𝐉

Based off of the song by Christian Leave 🥺
t.w: mentions of abuse
.....

As the day came to an end, Y/n had wanted to check up on JJ. She knew of his current situation and having one of her closet friends hurting, hurt her more than anything. Y/n didn't have the perfect household either but she didn't let anyone know. She cared more about her friends than anything else. So that is what she was doing, checking up on JJ. Y/n had a feeling something had happened.

You snuck out of your room, climbing out of the living room window, landing on the porch. You stayed still for a moment making sure not to wake up your mother.

Fiddling for your car keys, you checked the time on your phone, "10 already." You mumbled to yourself before opening the car door.

The drive to his house was silent, the sound of the wind and the slow music playing in the background made it feel like you were free. Free from your problems and onto new beginnings. For once the cut didn't seem so off, it was peaceful and quiet. It stood out more than anything to Y/n.

Switching off the headlights while driving up the road that lead to his house, you made sure to park a little ways down. You were taking a precaution, if this plan of yours failed, you knew you'd had to book it out of there.

Peaking passed the bush that hid your body, you heard a door slam and someone walking down the steps of the porch. You gulped, frozen, unaware of what you should do.

Hearing the steps come closer and the walk felt as if the person was angry, the way the branches snapped and leaves crackled underneath their shoe. You tried to keep still but you stepped on a branch.

"Is that Y/n Y/l/n?" The voice asked in a high pitched manner, as they came to a complete stop. You closed your eyes, muttering complete nonsense.

If it was JJ's father, you'd had to come up with the best lie but if it wasn't you'd even have to come up with a better excuse.

"Yes it is." You said dumbfounded, sounding like a complete idiot. You stepped out of the bushes and into the light that the porch had given. Just enough for you to see it was JJ.

You dropped the fearful look, walking up to JJ and lightly hitting his shoulder, "You ass. I almost shit myself."

JJ looked down at you, laughing quietly, "Should if seen your face, scaredy-cat."

You rolled your eyes, crossing your hands over your chest. "I don't know what you're talking about." You retorted before shrugging. JJ stepped back a bit, throwing his head back to let out a chuckle.

"Sure." He replied, looking around for a moment before pulling you back towards the bushes. "But seriously, what in the hell are you doing here?" He asked this time more sternly as he placed his hand onto your shoulder.

You sighed, pushing his hand off of your shoulder, "I wanted to come and check on you. I just had a feeling." You said truthfully, looking down, embarrassed.

JJ was taken back, no one has ever had the courage to check up on him, let alone see him after hours. He smiled at the kind act, placing a finger underneath Y/n's chin, lifting it up gently before frowning. "Thank you, Y/n/n." He said softly to her. "But next time call." as he let her go.

You felt your mouth open but no words seemed to come out. "I'm sorry, I just-I just wanted to make sure." You said trying to hold back the hurt, you didn't even know why the feeling cane out. You thought it was a sweet gesture but you were sure wrong.

JJ looked back at you seeing your whole mods completely falter, he shook his head, pulling you closer to him. "Don't get upset. I'm just not used to anyone doing that. It's new to me." He said softly, wrapping his arms around her as he pulled her into a warm embrace.

You nodded, wrapping your arms around his neck, sniffling, "I understand. I should of called." You said softly into his chest.

You thought of something for a moment, taking in the the embrace that was happening and the recent events replayed in your mind. You felt relief in his embrace and for once JJ didn't say anything flirty.

"Uhh JJ, do you want to, I don't know, head over to mines for the night?" You whispered, pulling away from his embrace. You placed your chin in the middle of his chest and looked up.

JJ half smiled, bringing his hands up around your back binding his hands together, before thinking. "Your mom doesn't mind right?"

You shrugged, "She is knocked out cold from her shift." You lied as you slipped out of his embrace.

JJ shrugged as well, "Alright." He said, following you.

Truth was your mom was knocked out cold due to the fight you two had earlier in the day, it was the constant bickering. Nothing psychical tonight and you thanked anyone who listened up above for that.

Your mother was a drunk, she went to work, complained, and went to bed. You were never home but on some days, the fights were bad. No one ever thought of your mother being the one to hurt you, she was the nicest lady some would say. You knew deep down, your mother was trying to cope with the divorce that took everything from the both of you.

Except, no one knew of the abuse. No one ever suspected it. You intend to keep it that way.

You looked over at JJ, who looked at you with a smile. "Thank you, Y/n." He said to you, his fingers fixing his messy hair in the car view mirror.

You half smiled, if only he knew the half of it, "Anything for you, JJ." You said softly, starting the car before driving down his road.

"We have to stick together. Through thick and thin, we stay safe and sound." You said to him with a smile, your voice cracking in the last bit.

He smiled, grabbing your free hand to place it into his, "Always." He said back to you with a smile.

———-

JJ glanced over at Y/n once more for the last time that night, pulling her closer into his chest while she slept. "We can get through this, Y/n." He whispered into her ear before kissing her cheek lightly. He repeated it once more before closing his eyes, drifting off to sleep.

[hope you enjoy! :) yea I sobbed and what about it.]