Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

The plan was made. Everyone from the house and the streets was called for this mission. My mind was set on one thing. Revenge. This gang killed Isaac, and so I could only think of one thing. Kill that gang, and the best way to do that was kill their leader. I sat with Coby in a red Ferrari. The other members followed us in an assortment of vans and cars. There were about forty people. This could be the most deadly mission we have ever done.

I was nervous and scared, but my anger stood out the most. Colby held my hand and drove with the other. I looked straight ahead to the road. We passed children playing on the street. Couples eating at outdoor cafes. It made me think what my life would have been like if my parents had never died, or if I had never gotten in with the wrong crowd.

I had many events that went wrong in my life, but I don't regret anything. Life is shit sometimes and I just have to push through. I am who I am and I have to be okay with that. I wouldn't change anything because then I wouldn't have Colby. I wouldn't know Seth or Toddy. The people in my life that matter the most I didn't even know a few months ago. Its a funny world isn't it?

We arrive at the house in what feels like minutes. It's a large house, about the same size as ours. Everyone pulls in around the gate to make it impossible for anyone to come out the gate. Everyone gets out and loads their guns. It looks like a movie scene, but I feel like anything but entertainment. My heart is racing so fast I'm scared it might stop. Coby notices my uncomforting thoughts and puts his hand on my back.

"I love you" he whispers into my ear. I look up to see his face. It's full of passion and love. Colby is the love of my life and no one can change that. We march in through the driveway and straight through the door. People in the living room jump to their feet, but they are too late. I have to look away as I hear the gunshots being fired. I know those people probably didn't deserve that, but we can't think about that right now. Our men scatter throughout the house and Coby and I run upstairs. To Turner Samson's office. Colby shoots someone in the hall, but I close my eyes fast enough to not see. I'm not ready to see life leave someone's eyes.

We arrive at the office door and Colby kicks it open. Turner is sitting in his chair, his brown hair covering his eyes. He looks up like this is the most natural thing in the world.

"Hello Coby" he grins. Colby tenses when they make eye contact. Turner grabs his gun that's sitting on his desk.

"Turner." Colby growls under his breath. Turner chuckles at his anger and turns his head to me instead. His dark eyes brighten when he sees me.

"Coby look at your girl. She got all dolled up just for me" he chuckles. Coby loses it and then runs at him. Turner points his gun as he is a few feet away. I hear a shot go off and see Colby fall to the ground. He cries out in pain and grabs his leg.

"Now why did you have to do that?" I laugh. Turner seems taken aback by my voice.

"You think this is a time for jokes, girl" Turner sneers.

"My life is a joke, so it doesnt matter. But I can't have you killing the man I love now can I?" I say in a bubbly voice. Turner then points his gun at me. What concerns me the most is that I am not afraid. I'm not afraid of dying anymore. I see Coby crying on the floor and I know I have to act fast. I hold my gun up and take position.

"You won't shoot me" Turner says in confidence.

"You really think that?" I ask him, tilting my head.

"Yes." He laughs. I aim at his leg and pull the trigger. He collapses to his knees and drops his gun. I walk up to him and point my gun at his head.

"You don't understand," he says through gritted teeth.

"What dont I understand" I challenge putting my finger on the trigger again.

"I deserved to run this town. I killed Coby's father! This town was mine. I worked for it!" he says through frustrated tears.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have made so many enemies by being a dick" I say. I look at Coby to see him staring at me. His blue eyes scream encouragement. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. The trigger gets pulled. Everything goes silent.