"Midoriya, maybe you're being too hard on yourself and the rest of us-" but Kirishima was cut off my Izuku.

"No," Izuku's voice was now more stern. "There's a bunch of students in the other courses and they are coming at us with everything they've got to take our spots."

I remembered how the crowd of those students had declared war on our class, stating that they were going to take our spots right underneath us. Maybe I didn't have to worry about it, but looking at Izuku, I could tell he was terrified.

Izuku then lifted his head to meet Todoroki. He clenched his fist, "I can't afford to fall behind..." His eyes were now shining full of determination. "I'll be going for it with everything I have too," he announced.

I couldn't help but smile. I was proud of my green haired friend for standing up for himself. He really has come a long way.

"Yeah," Todoroki muttered, before turning away and stepping outside the room. Without thinking, I immediately yanked out my other headphone and put it on the bench. I ran after the bi-colored boy.

I ran through the hallway and spotted him walking towards the outside of the stadium. "Todoroki! Wait!"

But he kept on walking, ignoring me. Annoyance rose up in my chest. 'He's been ignoring me the whole week. No way I'm going to let him ignore me again.'

"Todoroki! Will you just listen to me!" My tone was clearly annoyed and made it clear that I was angry.

Todoroki stopped and slowly faced me. "What, Sakura?" He hissed. His tone was monotone, but not his usual polite one. No, this one was full of annoyance and hate.

I gritted my teeth. "What do you mean what? What the hell was that back there? This whole week you have been ignoring m- everyone and acting even more colder. What is going on with you?" I stared right into his heterochromatic eyes.

"Maybe that's just who I am," He spat. "Did you ever think that?"

I blinked in surprise before I shook it off. "No, that's not who you are, Todoroki." I let a small breath out. "Look, I know there's something bothering you. You can't fool me, Todoroki." I put a hand on his arm. "You can tell me, what's wrong?"

He stared at me coldly. But, I saw a crack in his glare. It was like a voice that was calling out for help.

"Why do you care, Sakura?" he muttered.

I gripped my hand on his arm. "Because I'm your friend, Todoroki. I care about you."

Todoroki eyes slightly widened. Then he turned his head away. "Well, I'm not your friend. I don't need anyone and I don't need you," he said aggressively.

I stood there in shock from his words. 'He didn't need me? H-He wasn't my friend... I-I had it all wrong this whole time...' I loosened my grip on his arm and let my arm fall to the side. I felt my eyes stinging.

"So that's it huh? I'm nothing to you then," I muttered.

He didn't reply. He just turned around. "You're just my competition, Sakura. You're just someone I will beat," he said finally.

I felt the burning sensation rise up again. I stared at the ground and shook my head. Of course I was nothing to him. Why would he care about me after what I told him. I remembered the promise he made back at the cafe. I was so stupid for letting my hopes up. I almost laughed from how wrong I was.

"I guess I was wrong about you, Todoroki. I actually thought you cared. But that's my own fault for being that naive," I said. He turned his head in shock from my words. I felt the tears brimming in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I would not let him see I was hurting. I lifted my head to meet his eyes.