𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐲 | 𝐲. 𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢

Start from the beginning

his head glanced at the empty seat next to him. the same spot that was usually reserved for tsukishima was currently empty. he was not here considering he developed a cold from chasing hinata in the rain last night after practice. apparently hinata ran off with his headphones down to the school's gates before the tall dinosaur caught up to him and pushed him into a nearby bush.

y/n sat in her usual seat, looking towards her friend with kind eyes. "a-ah, tsukki isn't here today. he came down with a cold," yamaguchi stated nervously.

even if he was here, he would barely add something to the conversation the three of them were having. that, or he'd get into little arguments with y/n, just as a form of getting her upset. yamaguchi could converse with her without a problem, he just felt a little bit more confident with his friend's presence. he acted as a safeguard if yamaguchi said something stupid or would quietly nudge him if he was staring at the girl for too long, often calling him a creep.

"it's okay! yachi told me all about what happened yesterday after club," she explained. "either way, it won't deter me from what i wanted to ask you!" she reached down into her bag, causing yamaguchi to tilt his head slightly, watching as she pulled out a clean notebook. on the front of it, the words 'exam notes' were neatly written on the center of it.

'oh yeah,' the boy thought. next week would begin the start of exams. yamaguchi has already been doing some studying during his free time when he wasn't at school or at practice. however, as the captain of the volleyball team, he and takeda-sensei decided it would be best to cancel practices for the next week so that everyone can do their best. he was looking mostly at kageyama and hinata when he said that, as well as a few first years that were lacking academically.

"i know all three of us usually study together, but do you want to come over later and help me? there are a few topics i'm still unsure on and i could appreciate the help of someone who will not get annoyed at me." her nose crinkled slightly, remembering the times tsukishima would constantly get upset at the girl for not fully grasping a topic. properly.

"are you seriously not grasping this?" tsukishima would sigh, pushing his glasses up further on his face when he would pinch the bridge of his nose.

"well when you explain it like that, it doesn't help!!" y/n would fire back. her eyes would look over the paper continuously, trying to understand the mistake she made, but nothing stuck out to her. when she was at her end, she would shove the paper in yamaguchi's face to help her. he would always find her errors and would gently tell her how to fix them, the complete opposite from the blonde in the room.

"oh, for this paragraph, you need to switch the subject and the verb a few times. sensei said that repeating the same format over and over could make the paragraph sound very redundant to read," yamaguchi would them take his pencil and underline what needed to be fixed before handing the paper back to y/n. everytime he did that, it seemed as though her eyes sparkled whenever he helped her. the wheels in her heard would start spinning and it suddenly felt like she could fix this paper without any more issues.

"thank you tadashi!" she would grin at her freckles face friend before turning to tsukishima with a scowl. "fuck you, dinosaur."

"you're welcome, stupid,"'tsukishima would answer before attending back to his own work.

yamaguchi pulled himself out of his head pace when he realized he was staring for too long. he could imagine tsukki nudging his leg under the table to get him to focus. "are you sure? i-i mean your parents—" the girl shook her head, bringing her hand to rest on top of his gently. yamaguchi felt his heart race speed up at this sudden contact. "shush, they love you! and both of them are working late tonight at the hospital, so i'll be making lunch and dinner." her words were warm and inviting, as if slowly bringing the boy's racing heart down to a normal pace. the warmth of her smaller hand seeped into his.