Chapter 11

Chapter dedicated to Garethsbutt , her comments made me laugh! :)

***

"Nice place," he said as he took in the details of my apartment. I suddenly felt like I needed to impress him, but pushed the feeling away.

He slowly walked, his footsteps making a silent pats as they walked on the black tile floor.

I nodded as I slowly closed the dark wooden door behind me. I let out a sigh as he stood next to the light grey couches.

"May I?" He pointed to the couch, its pillows out of order, tousled from the night Edna had stayed over. I smiled.

I nodded as I made my way to the kitchen. I took of my coat, pulled up the long sleeves of my thermal shirt to my elbows, I leaned over the smooth grey marble counter to look at him. I noticed his smile as I thrummed my fingers on the counter, making an unsteady beat.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked nervously. A loose strand as come loose from my bun as I quickly tugged it behind my ear. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't say that I hardly did this, since my last relationship, he was practically over at my place all the time. It was the fact that it was someone new.

After a few moments, I realized that I had invited him, Norman, to the place I eat and sleep. Sleep, keep that in mind.

"I'll take some water," he said as he nervously rubbed his hands together.

I quickly nodded before grabbing a glass cup and filled it up. I felt his eyes burn down my back as I grabbed his beverage.

"Echo?" I heard him say behind me.

"Mm, yeah?" I said as I set the water down on the marble counter top.

"How long have you lived here?" he asked as he got up from the couch and walk towards me.

"I think a few years," I said as I noticed how close he had gotten. He leaned over to grab the cup and took a sip.

He gave me a mischievous smile before setting down the cup and kissing me very quickly on the lips.

I felt my insides light up with happiness as I watched him flop onto my couch. I gave him a smile before taking a sip of some water and sitting next to him.

I felt his eyes bore onto me as I kicked off my shoes and brought my knees up as I rested my chin on my knees.

"Do you want a blanket?" I asked as I curled myself up into a ball.

"Not really," he said as he leaned his arm on the top of his couch. His arms tempting me to snuggle into him.

"I'm going to go get one," I said quietly. Coming up with a distraction from the temptation he was making.

I quickly got up and grabbed one of the blankets that I stored in one of the hallway cabinets. I grabbed a nice navy cover that was soft to the touch and quickly made my way back.

I sat on my couch as comfortable as I could and looked over to see him smirking.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked as I wrapped myself in the blanket.

He smiled again before gently pulling me towards him when he grabbed a hold of the blanket.

I giggled at his gesture and quickly wrapped my arms around him.

"Aren't you nice," I said as I leaned into him.

I felt him chuckle before kissing my cheek.

"You're irresistible," he said as I felt his lips touch mine. "There's always a reason to why there is a blanket," he teased.

I shuddered as I felt his lips trail down to my neck. I began to wrap the blanket around him as he continued to tickle me with his gentle kisses.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist before embracing me into a warm hug as he kept teasing me with his light kisses.

His fingers found the bottom of my shirt and he lightly tugged on it. I closed my eyes as I felt his rough yet soft lips go up my neck and pausing at the last kiss on my lips.

"You're so beautiful," his husky tone mumbled against my skin.

I shuddered as I wrapped my arms around his neck and began to kiss his lips.

I felt his lips part and began to nibble my bottom lip. I giggled at his gentle touch as I tugged lightly on his hair.

He moaned against my mouth as he started to kiss my neck again. He began to lean his body over me as my back touched the couch. My legs were wrapped around his waist, I was gently taking off his coat, our kiss was deepening as-

His phone started to ring, interrupting us.

I heard him groan as he quickly checked his phone. His blue eyes widened as he looked at the screen. I gave him a questioning look before getting off me and started to straighten his clothes.

Tufts of hair poked out as he fixed his suit, I chuckled.

"Norman," I said, "your hair." I pointed.

He noticed my gaze and began to straighten his hair then checked himself over again before smirking at me again.

He pulled me into him, I arched my neck back to meet his blue eyes. I felt his breath on my neck, I shivered at the closeness. "This isn't over," he whispered in my ear.

I giggled as he kissed my neck and lastly, on my lips.

"I can't believe you have to go," I said quietly as I softly kissed his lips.

"I know," he said in a husky tone. "I'll be back."

"You better," I said after one last kiss.

He nodded before giving me another embrace and saying goodnight. I watched his back as he exited my apartment. I relaxed as I heard his loud fast footsteps go down the stairs.

I sighed as I heard my cell ring with from an incoming text.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw it was from an unknown number. I opened up the text.

Hey Echo, it's me Teddy.

I rolled my eyes as I saw another text.

U know, u don't have to forgive him. Just don't build up anger.

I responded.

I don't want to talk to him. Goodnight Teddy.

I put my phone away as I laid down on my bed.

My arm hanging off my bed as I thought about Norman.

How my walls were coming down to him.