[14] A Night in The Wreck | The Forbidden Zone II | Tease

Start from the beginning

I sent him an unimpressed look, although my chest tightened at the thought. When did my body and thoughts start betraying me around JJ? He smirked at me, his beryl eyes running up and down my small frame, a suggestive look twinkling in his eyes. I tried my best to appeared annoyed, although I was sure he could see right through any act. It was as if he knew the affects he had.

"Will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope said, twisting around in his chair to face JJ. "How do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?" John B peggybacked the questioning.

"The salvage yard," JJ announced, a proud smile tugging at his lips as he turned away from me. "They got a drone that can drop one thousand feet. It has a three sixty camera and everything. It's for, like, for deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need," JJ explained, using his hands to further his point.

John B furrowed his brows, "Can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?"

JJ sighed, looking anywhere but at our faces. "Well, my dad's grimy little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out."

My eyes were fixated on JJ's tan face, looking for any hint of disappointment or sadness, but he wasn't shaken up like he was in the chicken coup, making his emotions harder to read. He had his walls up high as he spoke, "But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back."

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant, again?" Kiara asked. The boys echoed back, "Four hundred mil."

With newfound motivation, Kiara, JJ, and John B headed towards the door. Pope tried to stand in the way, to get them to think of other ways to get money. But they pushed him aside, leaving him pleading, "Can't we think of legal ways to make money?" I laughed, patting Pope on the shoulder as I passed by.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"We're not stealing it, we're borrowing it," John B explained to Pope and I, both of us sporting a looking of irritation. Kiara and John were in the front, while Pope, JJ and I were in the back.

"Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality," Pope murmured with his arms crossed, staring out the window. I was about to say something to Pope, but my eyes were drawn to JJ once again, unable to look away while he licked the rolling paper for his joint. I bit the inside of my cheek, cursing myself for being attracted to that.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asked Pope, an impresses tone to his voice. Pope shook his head, "No, Albert Bernstein came up with that but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing."

John B's lips formed an 'o' shape as he drove. "So which is it?" Pope continued. "Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked, smoothing out the air bubbles in joint. His eyes didn't lift from the drug. A deep, concentrated look on his face as he observed his work.

"You're not weird, Pope," I uttered to my friend, offering him a small smile.

"It's fantasy, but a possible reality," Kiara answered the question.

"Reality," John B said confidently, smiling at Kie before turning his attention back to the road.

"Virtual reality," JJ said with the joint in his mouth, the substance muffling his words. He went to light it up, but before he could, I plucked it out of his mouth. He stared at the lighter in his hands, producing fire for a joint that wasn't there. "Don't test me, Winslow," he said, keeping his eyes trained on the lighter.