Kakyoin stopped to think. The real him? This was the real him. Then he realized, Holly's voice over the phone sounded different than in person. Not just because it was the quality over the phone, because she sounded different herself.

A tear fell down Kakyoin's cheek, and he clutched his shirt.

"Holly?"

...

Holly ran to the lab, interrupting whatever Joseph and Dr. Hashi were doing. She held the phone out to them. 

"Holly?"

Dr. Hashi dropped the test tube on the floor, Joseph in utter shock. 

That was Kakyoin's voice, through the phone.

"Kakyoin! How are you talking? Where are you talking from?" Joseph asked, the three now huddled around the phone.

"Joseph?"

"Yes! It's Joseph! Do you remember? The fight with DIO? Your stand? Jotaro?"

Sniffles were heard from the other line. Kakyoin's voice wavered as he spoke. "Is it really you guys?"

A relieved sigh was released from the three of them. "Yes," Joseph said. "it's really us."

...

Kakyoin continued to rant to them about everything that happened over the past few hours. And they listened. They didn't doze off or lose track, they were all fully focused and intrigued. 

Kakyoin's dream world Joseph and Jotaro watched and heard the whole conversation. 

"Guys, is this an enemy stand user or something? Why am I here?" Kakyoin asked.

"Can you not remember that early?" Dr. Hashi spoke for the first time since Kakyoin called Holly.

"Dr. Hashi!" Kakyoin felt so much better now that he knew his doctor/therapist was present. 

Dr. Hashi chuckled through the phone. "Hey Kak, I haven't heard you sound this energetic in a long time."

"Yeah," Kakyoin chuckled. "anyways, back to the question, why am I here and not with you guys?"

Kakyoin sat through the uncomfortable silence on the phone. Which only made him more anxious and worried about the answer he would receive. 

"Long story short, you're in a coma. This is you dreaming. Of course, we're real, and we're not sure how you reached us, maybe it's a circumstance of who attacked you, we're not too sure."

Now it all connected for Kakyoin, he was attacked that night, and he entered a coma. "So what should I do in the meantime?"

"Well, you said it's a year before you and the crusaders, so you don't have a crush on Jotaro yet-"

"Dr. Hashi!" Kakyoin interrupted, blushing furiously. 

Dr. Hashi laughed. "Okay okay, I'll be serious. Maybe you could... Well, you are technically lucid dreaming, can't you imagine whatever you want?"

"True... let me try something."

Kakyoin closed his eyes and focused. He did what anyone would do if they could: Time travel. 

Kakyoin saw light suddenly glare at him through his closed eyes. And when he opened them, he found himself in a beautiful town. "Oh my god it worked...." He looked down at where his phone should be. But it wasn't there. "No! I lost them!" 

Kakyoin groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. He looked around to actually figure out where he was first. And thankfully, a very bright and colorful sign was there to tell him.