Chapter Two: Boo Fcking Hoo

Start from the beginning

Then I watched, in the least creepiest way possible, as they both shared incredulous looks before shrugging. Mia went to her original seat, the one at the front, and I watched on as Sasha asked Pat if the seat next to him was available.

He nodded and immediately jumped into a conversation with her.

Pat was a really easy-going person and also a very joyous one. I carried on looking and then he smiled, that one smile that got my knees buckling.

I slammed my head hard on the desk, enough to produce a thump. The person sitting in front of me turned around, his eyebrows knitted in concern, "Are you okay, Avery?"

No, I traveled through time and now I have to freaking think of every way to make sure I never talk to Patrick Vincent in my entire life.

"Everything's just dandy," I gritted out and I think my obviously displeased tone was enough to ward him off.

I lifted my head and rubbed the spot that I just hit, daring to steal one more glance of him. A shiver ran down my spine when instead of instantly seeing him, my eyes caught Leon's.

I gulped, remembering how he was who ended up being there for me.

There was nothing else I could do other than to scramble to face forward.

When the teacher started rambling on about the curriculum, there was one thing I was thankful for this whole time travel fiasco – this was the perfect opportunity to lift my grades up.

Then again, it also meant that I have to sit through all these lectures again and bitch, I'm far from happy about that one.

But to be honest, I was in no mood to sit through any of my classes. I just wanted to get out of here and find out what was happening. My arm was already red from the amounts of times I've pinched myself. I was definitely not dreaming.

Instead of listening to the teacher, I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing down the events.

Pat broke up with me. Leon saved me from that window. Leon drove me to my house. I saw Zoey and Pat in the same car. I cried a ton and fell asleep. I woke up and it was the beginning of the school years once again.

Absolutely nothing made sense.

What was the trigger? It wasn't like I jumped on some modified car that my scientist friend invented. I was also nowhere near a groundhog. So why did I go back and will I have to relive every single day or will I just suddenly wake up and be back to my bed after the day that my boyfriend broke up with me?

Because if there was one thing for sure, I did not want to relive my junior year, even for another second.

Not after everything that happened.

"Earth to Avery," Sasha sang out, waving a hand in front of my face, "Class is over."

I blinked rapidly at their faces, "Oh."

"Honestly, if you need a mediator between you and Zoey, we can help," Mia said, her hands on her hips, "You've been so out of it."

Right, they think all of my problems were because of my fight with Zoey. The sad thing, the Zoey of this timeline didn't even know she did anything wrong.

"I'm alright," I lied, pushing my chair back to stand up, "So this is the one class that we're all in that we didn't sit next to each other."

"I know," drawled out an exasperated sigh, "Oh by the way, you know Patrick Vincent, right?"

Safe to say, my blood ran cold. I could feel my heart drop in my chest just by the name. I've been thinking about him and I've seen him, but for his name to be actually said out loud just brought a new kind of anxiety within me.