The Sad Truth

Adri: 

Hooking up with Terrance was something I needed. Once my body came down from its high, I was feeling the same way I was feeling before hand. I feel confused, I wanna fix my addiction but its hard when I see one of my hooks. I just want to jump on them and ride it out. As I walk to class I notice Jaheem standing on the side walk staring at the sky. Even though he doesn't like me I'm still going to check on him.

"Hey Jaheem, are you ok?" I ask standing behind him. "Ohh um yea, thanks." He says as he looks back at me, with a slight smile as I smiled up at him.

Jaheem

Usually I would've mean mugged her, but I just didn't have it in me. I just got a call that my dad is getting worse and that there's no way he's getting better. My dad as a heart condition, I don't remember what they call it but I know he was born with half of his heart. Which means his heart has to work 100 times harder then the average human heart. We've tried putting my dad on the transplant list but he doesn't want to be on it. He says he doesn't feel right taking someones heart, and that God gave him half a heart for a reason so when it's time to go he'll be ready no matter when or where. I get what my dad is saying it;s just not fair, my dad's only 36 years old. He had me when I was 14, and he;s been a great dad ever since. I'm just not ready for him to go yet. I want him to see me graduate from College. I want him to see me get married, and one day meet his grand kids. *Sniffles* I didn't realize I was crying until Adri said something.

"Jaheem... What's wrong?" She asked. I could tell she was really concerned, unlike most girls who would act concerned just so they could have a better chance of hooking up with me. It's pretty sad. Usually I wouldn't give Adri the time of day, since she fucks almost every nigga in the school, but I just can't hold this in,  need someone to vent to and if I gotta  vent to her then so be it.

"Umm do you mind if we go some where and talk?" I look at her sadly. "Yea sure, come on." She grabs me by my wrist and making us walk towards this locked building. Seems like it's never been used or it's not in use any more. "I found this building my sophomore year, I come here when I need to think about things." She explains to me. She lets go of my wrist as she pulls out a bobby pen and proceeds to unlock the door. Once she unlocked the door  we walked into this empty abandoned science lab. "Don't worry it's clean, there's no harsh chemicals or fumes in here. Plus I keep clean." She tells me. I have to admit she keeps it pretty clean in here. "So,,, tell me what's wrong." I kinda for got that's why we came in here. I took a seat next to her on the couch; why is there a couch in the science room I don't know. Adri was sitting on the couch looking right at me, which showed me I had her attention. Before I started to talk she pulled out her phone and unlocked it. I thought she was texting someone which made me mad a little, since I thought I had all her attention. A minute later she phone in her pocket. "Sorry, I was just turning the sound and Vibration off along with putting it on do not disturb." She told me. On the inside I was like "Damn."I glad I didn't say anything or would've felt more dumb then I do now. "Oh that's okay." I said smiling at her. She smiled back at me, waiting for me to tell her what's wrong.  

"Ok, so my dad has this heart condition where he was born with half of his heart. He's been doing fine with his heart for the past 32 years, and now it decides to call the quits. My dad is a great man. he taught me everything I know and he still needs to teach me more. Like how to be a great Dad and a great Husband, a great business man. And now he won't be able to teach me anything anymore; I'm gonna be left her all alone. Don't get me wrong my Mom and siblings mean the world to me but my Dad is my bestfriend and my main role model. He was a teen parent, he had me at 14! He could've left my mom and never thought about me ever again, but he didn't. And now Ima lose him forever... I know he not dead but he's getting there and I'm hurting so m-m-much." I could the hot tears running down my face for anger and sadness. I was sad my dad was getting sick and angry hat I couldn't do anything to stop it. I felt my head tilting down onto Adri's lap. I've never felt so comfortable laying on a girl before, I loved how her soft nice hands caressed the side of my face while the other hand slid down to one my hands and held it. "Adri, I appreciate you listening, I knew none o my friends would unless I was paying them." I told her as I had my eyes closed. "No problem. So I guess I'm not a bad as you thought  huh?" She asked with a small laugh. "Nah shawty, I guess not." The room fell silent as I drifted off to sleep, right in Adri's lap. 

Adri 

I listened to every word Jaheem said. I couldn't nothing but feel for him. I know what's it like to lose a parent you were once so close with. And seeing him cry made me want to cry with him, but I held together. I pulled him into my lap so he could relax and stop crying. Once he fell asleep, I lifted his head up slowly as slid from under him off of the couch. It was pretty cold in that room so I oped one of the cabinets where I put all the pillows and blankets for whenever I come in here. I grabbed a huge thick and soft blanket off one of the cabinet shelves and walked back over to Jaheem to place the blanket on him. I could feel myself getting sleepy so I just grabbed two of the bean bags and put em together to make a cushion to sleep on since Jaheem was on the couch. For once I wasn't even horny or craving to have sex, I didn't other to turn my phone back on or go to class, I just let my eyes slowly close themselves and fell into a peaceful sleep.