Chapter 8 : Second game in-coming

Start from the beginning

"Alright! Here are your lunches", Historia said as she served them.
"Thank you Historia", Armin said.
"No problem", she replied and went back to work.

"Dude aren't you feeling the heat?", Eren asked referring to Finn's ramen.
"Not really. I'm pretty much used to it", he replied.
"That's right I wanted to ask you, the way you play basketball, what style is it?", Armin asked.
"Oh that, it's nothing really but if you must know Anna calls it the free style of basketball. I in particular don't pay attention to the way I play. I just move is all", he replied.
Free huh, Armin thought.
They continued their discussion on basketball styles till they were interrupted by Armin's phone.
"Hey you guys I have to get going", Armin said.
"Where to?", Mikasa asked.
"O-oh I-I have a tutoring session with Annie at the school library", Armin replied.
"Really? Nice one Armin", Eren said and gave him a pat on the back.
"S-shut up Eren. It's just a study date nothing more", he replied.
"Eren", Mikasa called his name with a stern tone.
"Fine fine. Just don't do anything we wouldn't do", Eren said smirking.
Finn and Marco couldn't help but find the situation amusing.
Geez, Armin sighed.
"Anyway, I'll be off. See ya later", Armin said and waved towards them as he left.

Annie started to feel impatient and thought that Armin had forgotten their study date which she was actually looking forward to.
She sighed in relief when she saw Armin taking a seat beside her
"You're late", she said.
"S-Sorry. I was hanging out with Eren and Mikasa, I lost track of time.", he replied.
She didn't say anything for a few seconds then she replied
"Don't worry. You're here now so it doesn't matter".
"Are you sure? I really am sorry for not being here on time", he said again.
"I'm serious it's fine".
"Okay then".
They worked for a couple of minutes before Annie spoke up,
"So did you make the basketball team", she asked.
"Yeah I did. What about Reiner and Bertholt, did they make it too?"
"Yeah....I think"
Armin let out a chuckle as he continued to guide her through her project.
"So did you hear about the selections program, are you going?"
"Yeah I am"
"Okay I hope you get in. I'll be cheering for you", Armin told her.
A small smile crept up on her face as she nodded in response towards him.

They continued to work, occasionally making small talk on Armin's part and Annie listening to him. As Armin finished explaining, he took a book from his bag and proceeded to read it while Annie attempted the remaining equations.
When she finished, she took a peak at the book Armin was reading. Its title was World Wonders.
World Wonders huh, she thought.
"Um Armin"
"Yes"
"What's your book about?", she asked.
"Oh this. It's a book my grandpa gave me. It's about the wonders of the world and the beautiful landscapes in it. It fascinates me. I've always wanted to travel the world, to different places for different inspiration for the books I will write. Eren and Mikasa promised that they'll travel with me and we'll see the ocean together.", he said.
Armin continued to talk about his book and the places he would like to go to. Annie didn't admit it but she was also intrigued by what he was saying. She honestly wished he wouldn't stop talking so she was a bit disappointed when her phone alarm went off indicating her time for practice.

"It's alright, let me walk you back", he offered.

"If I refused you would still have your way", she replied.

The both of them walked back to the gym talking and making fun between themselves.

"So Annie I forgot to ask you", Armin said, "can I see your drawings on your sketchbook?"

At this question Annie's face colored in a light pink,

"W-what makes you think I draw?", she asked.

"Well it's common knowledge that does who have sketchbooks are most likely to draw in it or use it for artistic work. Am I wrong?", Armin asked.

"N-no you're correct but when I feel like it I'll show you. Is that okay?"

"Yeah it is". Armin replied with a smile.

"I have to be on my way so I'll come to your match and I guess we won't be having tutoring sessions tomorrow", Armin said.

"Yeah", Annie replied.

"Okay. Bye Annie, see ya tomorrow", Armin said as he walked off.

"See ya", she replied and went inside the gym.

As Armin went to his room he felt excited and couldn't wait for tomorrow to arrive.

When he got to his room, he opened the door and saw Connie struggling with sleep with TV on. He went to the fridge, picked a can of coke and dropped it in front of Connie.

Connie's eyes opened when he dropped it and Connie thanked Armin for the coke and drank it.

"So what are you watching?", Armin asked.

"Tokyo Ghoul. Jean recommended it to me and I thought I'll give it a try", Connie answered.

"No wonder it looked familiar. I've finished it like three times. A masterpiece if you ask me", Armin said.

"Woah we have a weeb in the house", Connie exclaimed while moving his arms around.

"Oh shut it", Armin said, "and we best get to bed. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow".

"Yes mom", Connie replied as stood up.

"ahh", he said while stretching, "Well goodnight Armin", he said as he entered his room.

"Night", Armin replied as turned off the TV and went off to his.

When Armin entered his room, he went to bed thinking of Annie and the expectations of the next day.

Yes!! I have finally edited this chapter. Thank you all for reading and waiting and I'll see you all later. So bye!!