chapter one : a small realization

izuku sat in his seat, shaking like always. he finally set himself down as soon as class started. katsuki looked behind himself and looked at izuku.

izuku smiled at katsuki, "is there anything you want, kacchan?" katsuki set down a piece of paper on his desk and turned back around. izuku looked confused and turned the slip of paper. it had no name.

"who is it for, kacchan?" izuku asked. "you, dumbass." he responded simply. izuku hummed, "oh..." and opened the note quietly. There was dark, scratchy writing that said:

let's go. somewhere. i don't give two shits where, just somewhere. maybe a cafe. a cafe sounds good. let's go to that cafe just seven blocks from here. okay.

izuku just giggled slightly. he wrote:

okay (● ' w'●)

he passed it back to katsuki. katsuki just let out a scoffing laugh and set the note in his notebook. katsuki had passed note back like these every wednesday. it became normal to izuku over time.

"see? you can't beat me." katsuki laughed as izuku struggled to beat him in mortal kombat. "i can't focus, kacchan, it's so bloody..." izuku muttered. "it's called 'mortal kombat' for a reason." katsuki turned the tv off.

"katsuki! midoriya!" the rough, feminine voice shouted, "lunch!" katsuki pushed izuku down as they both ran towards the dining area. izuku laughed and got up quickly to chase him. katsuki was already sitting at the table and he was smug, "i win."

izuku chuckled, "only cause you cheated, cheater." katsuki gasped jokingly, "i would never??"

katsuki grabs izuku's head from beside him and places it under his arm. izuku leans down, trying not to snap his spine as he bends uncomfortably. izuku pats katsuki's back, "uncle, uncle..."

katsuki lets go, "i win. again."

"no fair." izuku pouted slightly and then laughed, "thanks, auntie mitsuki." as mitsuki set down his plate with a nicely made sandwich. she set down katsuki's as well, "eat properly."

"eh? when have i not!?" katsuki frowned. mitsuki furrowed her brows, "when you're angry!"

"which is all the time, kacchan." izuku added. "shush." katsuki put a finger to his lips and pushed down izuku's head. izuku chuckled, "ah! the wrath of kacchan!"

"it doesn't sound intimidating when you say it like that." katsuki bent his head down to be eye-level with izuku. izuku smiled, "you aren't quite as intimidating, kacchan."

.

.

.

"hah!?"

"wait, that's not what meant!" izuku giggled.

"you'll be so intimidated by me that you'll die."

"you really like me dieing, huh, kacchan?"

"yes."

"awe."