Without You-Chapter XV

Start from the beginning

'Yeah sure I can do that now.' I told him, taking the papers into my hands.

'Well i'm in the next room so if you need anything.' He trailed off, staring at the phone, clearly he knew I was talking to my ex boyfriend. 'Just let me know.'

I saluted him with my hands. 'Yes sir.'

God that was so dumb.

I was surprised he even wanted me still working with them by pulling embarrassing shit like that.

With a simple nod he left the room and I began reading through the papers, going over the bands busy schedule.

Not even five minutes later the phone rang again, I wanted to reach over and answer it. I wanted him to take me back, I wanted to be in his warm arms.

But I promised myself I wouldn't let myself be distracted, let alone apart of that drug life.

I was growing up and I didn't want to be like that anymore.

The call went to message bank and his voice rang through the phone.

Listen I know you don't want to talk to me and that's fine, I fucked up. But I wrote you a song and I wanted you to hear it. I know you're busy and have shit going on but if you turn on the radio you'll see what I mean. Anyways i'll let you go, bye.

I sat there for a moment, stunned.

I reached over and put on the radio, hearing the sound of Vince singing. 'Without You.'

I stayed completely silent, listening to the whole song. Although it was Vince singing, I knew it was Tommy really saying these words to me.

My heart was aching badly in my chest, so bad I had to hold my chest with my hand, pressing it hard against me.

I missed him so much.

I pictured Tommy's lips pressed to mine and I ran my fingers over my own lightly, memorising the feeling of us kissing.

Remembering all the times we laughed together, made love together, nothing would ever compare to that.

But after that night for the rest of the tour I didn't hear from Tommy again.

The days slowly but surely became easier and the night became less lonely. I stopped crying myself to sleep and my smile wasn't a lie.

I was beginning to heal.

Slash and Izzy taught me how to play guitar, well tried to. They taught me how to play a little part of Sweet Child Of Mine.

Duff and I got along pretty well, always laughing at each other's jokes and he taught me how to make weed brownies.

But I didn't get along with them as well as I got along with Axl, he became my best friend and we were practically joined at the hip.

I sat on the end of Axl's bed, watching him play cords on his guitar and then jot stuff down onto the note pad.

I had been living with him since after the tour until I found my own place.

He looked so sweet when he concentrated and I couldn't stop staring.

'What are you looking at?' He asked, looking up at me curiously.

'You concentrating, you look so serious.' I put on a pouty serious face at the end of the sentence, mimicking the singer.

He chuckled at me. 'Not as serious as you look when you're running around the bus organising us all.'

I snorted. 'Hey! In my defence it's a tough job looking after you all.'

'What would we do without you.'

'Probably die.' I joked and we both laughed at this.

Axl put down his guitar, leaning it against the bed and the note book on the beside table. He scooted over so he was now sitting next to me, our legs were touching and I could feel the hairs on his rubbing against mine.

'So what do you plan on doing when we finish the tour?' He asked me.

I shrugged. 'I guess nothing really, i'm a pretty boring person.'

Axl shook his head in disagreement. 'You should give yourself more credit, you're a lot more special then you think.'

'Oh really how so?' I questioned playfully, not taking what he was saying seriously.

'You're funny and nice and smart and fun. We all like hanging around with you, I think Slash has the hots for you.'

I rolled my eyes, laughing at this. 'Yeah I could tell from the time he grabbed my ass.'

'I don't blame him.'

'Don't blame him for what grabbing my ass?'

'No, for having the hots for you.' He corrected me, his voice was now deeper and serious.

Our faces were now inches apart and I could feel his minty breath, breathing on my face.

He leaned in a little and I followed his lead, one more move and our faces would be moshed together.

I grazed my lips along his as he opened his mouth slightly, giving me entrance.

But just as I was about to kiss him, my mind brought me back to Tommy and I couldn't do it.

I pulled away. 'I'm sorry I cant, I'm just not ready yet.'

I felt bad. I liked Axl, but it was too soon after Tommy.

'Don't worry.' He said. 'We've got plenty of time, just need a little-' He searched for the right word to say.

'Patience?' I suggested.

He nodded in agreement. 'Patience.'

I giggled and Axl let out a breath through his nose smiling at me.

'Well I guess I should probably go to bed, we have a big day tomorrow.' I reminded the singer, getting up off the bed and heading towards the door.

'Night Loxley.' He said and I turned to face him, half out of the room.

'Night Axl.' I blew him a playful kiss and left, turning the light out as I did.

As I entered my own room, I flopped onto my bed.

Regretting what I had done.

Why would I reject Axl? There was no chance of Tommy and I getting back together, I hadn't even heard from him since the start of the tour.

Axl was so nice to me and we got along so well.

What was holding me back?

I guessed it was the fact that I still had hope Tommy and I would get back together. But it was a stupid thing to hope.

We wouldn't get back together.

I turned on the TV and began getting ready for bed, putting my hair in rollers and removing my makeup.

As I changed into my pyjamas a particular announcement caught my attention.

''Motley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee and actress Heather Locklear have been seen hooking up at a restaurant and multiple sources confirm they're dating"

My mouth felt like it had fallen onto the floor, my eyes were as wide as dinner plates.

What. the. fuck.

My sadness quickly turned to anger. My eyelids felt like razors as I blinked, watching the photos of Heather and Tommy on the screen.

I picked up my jaw, clenching it tightly and swallowing hard.

Now I felt even fucking stupider for rejecting Axl, clearly I didn't mean as much to Tommy as I thought , considering he didn't take his time in moving on from me.

I hopped into bed, letting out a muffled scream into my pillow so Axl wouldn't here me, kicking my feet around like a toddler having a tantrum.

I wished I had never met that fucking drummer.

I wished all of this had never happened.