Wild Side-Chapter I

The light hadn't even officially turned green when my foot stepped on the gas hard, as I attempted to navigate around the busy city streets.

clutch, gas, shift

I hated driving a manual car, especially when I could barely work it out.

Neutral to first or first to second?

My car bucked wildly twice before it lurched forward at the intersection. My heart felt like it was about to rip out of my chest and plop onto the floor.

Once the bucking calmed down I was back at speed. A lot of speed.

I was running super late to the band I worked for first concert of their tour. Motley Crüe.

The traffic was insane for this late at night, but I was in the heart of the city. Everyone was going out for the night and I was stuck in it.

'Fuck!' I shouted, snapping out of my thoughts and slamming my foot on the pedal so hard my heel snapped right off.

I groaned looking down at yet another pair of decent heels I had broken.

Once the light turned green again I sped off, lighting myself a cigarette as I drove to calm my nerves.

The boys would be so upset if I missed their show.

The smoke of my cigarette wafted in and out of every breath I took, I was surprised I wasn't wetting the paper from my sweaty hands.

As I rolled down my window, cold air mixed with rain was blistering from outside to inside my car and as I threw the but out my phone rang.

'Fuck.' I groaned again, quickly rolling up my window and answering it. 'Hello.' I answered, holding the phone up to my ear with my shoulder as both my hands were placed on the steering wheel.

'Rani.' The familiar voice of my boss said over the top of loud music.
Shit they must've already started.
'It's Doc. Can you hear me?'

'Yes I can hear you perfectly, Doc.' I replied as I concentrated on the road, gaining closer to my destination.

'Where are you?' Doc asked, half yelling over the music.

'I'm almost there, i'm about to get out of the car right now.'

'Alright see you soon.' He said and hung up the phone.

To my relief I could see the bright neon lights up the road that read Motley Crüe Playing Tonight

Hoorah I had finally fucking made it.

I pulled into the pretty full car park and circled it a few times before slotting into a park.

I took a deep breath in and wiped my sweating hands on my leather black jeans. I used my rear vision mirror to look at while I re applied my lipstick and headed out the car.

I opened up the boot and grabbed out another pair of heels, switching from my broken ones.
'You better not break these they're your favourite pair.' I told myself as they clicked along the wet pavement.

At each door I had to show security the name tag that hung against my red off the shoulder shirt. The name tag also had a rotten photo of my square, narrowed nosed, large mouthed and blue eyed face.