Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold

Start from the beginning

"Sasuke-kun?"

"Would it make you happy if we move to a new house?" Sasuke asked, his forehead still firmly pressed on her shoulder. He felt Sakura nodded.

"Alright, if that will make you happy."

Sakura felt her heart flutter as she turned around to face Sasuke who lift his head when he felt her move. He looked at her to see the wide smile grazing her face.

"Really? Thank you Sasuke-kun!" Sakura said and fling her arms around him in a big hug.

"But would it be fine to do it after we return?" Sakura nodded, still embracing the Uchiha who let a small smile linger on his lips for a few seconds before Sakura pulled away and look at him.

"But you know," Sasuke started, looking at the pinkette with his serious expression. "It doesn't matter if it's a huge and spacious house or a small box. What really matters is the thought that someone is waiting for you in a place you call home."

Sure, Sasuke's words were right in so many levels. Sasuke just wanted to tell her that it doesn't need to be a mansion or a small apartment as long as you can call it a home. But for a second, it sounded quite different. It's like he's saying that she's just being greedy to ask for something like this and Sakura felt quite ashamed as she looked down. Sensing this, Sasuke knew his words might have had a different meaning to her than what he intended it to be. So Sasuke took her wrist and lifted her hand.

"But the thought of moving in to a new house with you, really did made my heart sound like this."

Sakura's eyes widen a little when Sasuke put her hand on his chest. Her palm felt his thumping heart. It was so fast that Sakura only realized that she wasn't the only one who often feels her heart as if it'll jump out of her chest. Sasuke feels it too, though may not as often as she does. But he isn't reluctant to hide the fact that his heart is beating wildly right now. Sakura smiled with her eyes closed. And perhaps it was her smile that made the whole room warmer than it already was, at least to Sasuke.

*****

"Are you certain you can leave by tomorrow, Sasuke?" Kakashi asked for at least the fifth time already after Sasuke told his former sensei that he and Sakura would be taking their leave tomorrow to go to Orochimaru.

"Kakashi, you're starting to irk me. I'm leaving." Sasuke was about to walk to the door and out of the Hokage's office when Kakashi spoke.