ten

the warm and bright weather was now long gone, replaced with a gloomy and constant cloudy sky, threatening to rain at any moment. the streets were now chilly and every once in a while leafs would be seen being dragged along  the sidewalks, people dressed more warmly and didn't risk going out without an umbrella.

sunwoo didn't mind the cold weather though, he had always liked the cold and appreciated being able to stay home dressed in warm clothes and surrounded with blankets and a hot cup of hot chocolate.
but today that wasn't the case, his small friend group had planned out a hangout at jaemin's house, his boyfriend renjun was out on a study group session leaving the couple's humble abode free for the small gathering to go down.

sunwoo would rather be studying too, at the comfort of his own sweet bed, probably laying around on his pijamas all day and secretly taking breaks as an excuse to hang around his roommate. but he actually missed his friends and their honest talks that would end up lasting for hours, so he couldn't say no when they pretty much begged him, they didn't see jaemin that often now due to the soft peach haired having classes on another building, felix did too but claiming to be a single pringle, unlike jaemin, he always made sure to go annoy the other boys when he could.

sunwoo had left a note for his roommate to read when he woke up, letting the older know he wouldn't be home for the whole day. they started doing this a few days ago, avoiding unnecessary moments of worry like the ones from recent events, because what are phones for right?

he left his dorm early like the group had agreed so they could spend more time together. jaemin and renjun actually shared an apartment together near the college dorms, they started dating when they were still young, well younger, when they were still in high school, they had been together for around four years so when both got into the same college they were thrilled they wouldn't have to be away from each other, sharing an apartment was the only logical thing for the couple.

taking a turn and crossing the road, sunwoo ran the small distance left to his friends place in hopes to soon escape the cold from the street. the red haired had completely disregarded the grey sky, ready to spill out at anytime, his clothes weren't warm enough to fight off the cold breeze outside, he thought about going back to his building and grab at least a warmer hoodie the instance he stepped out, but shrugging he decided against it since renmin's wasn't that far of a walk.

letting himself drown in thought until he didn't arrive, sunwoo thought about the couple and how he actually looked up a lot to both boys, they've had their fair share of ups and downs and misunderstandings, but remained strong and pushed through it all, he wouldn't admit it to the couple though. he slightly envied them too, the silent exchange of sweet smiles and loving stares they would share, the love they had for each other was obvious, sunwoo could only dream to have something so beautiful and pure of his own some day.

when everyone finally made it, the five young boys immediately found themselves lazily sprawled out on jaemin's living room, some cuddled up together (reads eric and hyunjun) as they had a harry potter marathon.
they were half through the prisoner of azkaban when a whiny felix started complaining about how jaemin was a bad host for not feeding them properly.

"you literally ate all my oreos, but go off i guess" the older rolled his eyes at the blonde but got up nonetheless to grab snacks for the whole group, gaining a few cheers from all of them in return.

they sat up to eat and eventually emerged in conversation, the movie left to play as background noise. they laughed when someone would talk about something embarrassing that had happened to them the previous days, you could say they weren't exactly the luckiest group of people, resulting on them having a lot of long and cringe worthy stories.