Eventually standing up from the couch and taking hold of the abandoned bags by the apartment door realization kicked in that I was starting a whole new chapter in my life as I entered the bedroom. The smell of old books and coffee was nonexistent and in its place was the scent of fresh paint, something that would go away after a few days.

My mind wandered as I put things away, making it my home for a little while. I tried to think about what the future was going to hold now that I got transferred out of the BAU. I wasn't exactly going to be dealing with the most dangerous criminals anymore, I wasn't going to see the worst of the worst. For the next few months, my home was Chicago, I wasn't going to be crossing state lines every few days tracking the next bad guy through behavioral analysis, I was chasing local unsubs with a whole new team. A team that I don't know anything about or how they operate. Many of the states the BAU visits for cases, the local detectives don't appreciate us coming in to help, so how was my new squad going to feel about a federal agent joining them.

After a little while of day dreaming, reading and biting my nails in worry, I was able to relax slightly when I got a text from Spencer. Which really ended up being several texts as everyone in the BAU stole his phone to send me a message. Most of which were comforting words, and the "I miss you", but then there was Derek who gave me tips on how to knock a grown man out if need be. My family was a crazy bunch, but one I wouldn't want to live without.

Author Note
Hey Guys!!!!!!! Welcome to PROFILER! I'm really excited to write this one seeing as I have been debating on writing a criminal mind fanfic for a while, but I wanted to start off with something easier to get use to writing the characters. I also have been binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix for past couple days so I have been really hyped up to write it.

Now as you can tell by the cover, no love interest is shown, and that is because I have no idea who I want Keenan to end up with. A part of me wants to bring in a whole new OC to mix things up seeing as I have a fanfic for most of the One Chicago fandom. I am honestly completely lost on who her love interest should be so please help a girl out.

As you read, Keenan is technically a temporary person in Intelligence, seeing as she only was transferred out due to a terrible situation. All of that will be explained in later chapters, but she needed to lay low for a little while. She will occasionally be brought back to the BAU to help with certain cases, and the BAU will come to Chicago from time to time to team up. I haven't fully decided if she will stay in Chicago, or if she will go back to the BAU when the time comes to make the decision, but that will be decided later on as well. This is a book where I just wing it and hope for the best.

Hopefully you like the first chapter, and get somewhat of an idea of who Keenan is. The bond that she has with Spencer is going to be one I am excited to write. Spence is one of my favorites on Criminal Minds though I will definitely have a hard time trying to portray him when he spits out random facts, so bear with me on that aspect.

Pictures