Twenty Six

Mariko's POV

There was an awkward silence for about thirty seconds until my mo decided to speak up "the girls are only for you to apologize for everything you put them through."

My dad let out a sarcastic chuckle "I don't have to apologize for anything and what exactly did I put them through." I rolled my eyes is he serious right now.

"I can't believe you actually just said that, you put us through so much hell and you have the audacity to say you don't have to apologize." Faye said as her voice cracked.

"All I ever did was love my kids." I scoffed is he serious?

"Yeah you loved us alright loved us enough to." My mom cut me off before I could finish my sentence "When I brought the girls here I thought that they would be able to finally get an apology but it's clear that you are the same narcissistic asshole that you've always been, lets go girls."

"I'm so sorry I really thought he would apologize for everything, if I knew it was going to turn out like this I wouldn't have brought you here."

"It's honestly okay you had no way of knowing that even on his death bed he would still be as sick and awful he was nine years ago."

"Yeah mom we don't blame you he's the problem and always has been, we'll see you later." Faye said with an I love you as her send off.

I'll take to you later mom hopefully we can all talk to each other under better circumstances, so next time you're in California call me or Faye." I kissed her check and walked out the hospital.

When we got home I had a lot on my mind so went for a walk I had no real destination but I found myself at the prettymuch house in pursuit of a certain blonde with dreads. I rung the door bell a few times and Brandon answered the door and greeted me with a what's up.

"Hey is Zion here." He nodded and opened the door wider so I could come in.

"He's in his room." I thanked him and walked upstairs.

I opened his room door and he was sitting in a chair playing fortnite and screaming at who ever was on the other side of those headphones. He didn't hear me come in so I decided to sneak up on him I covered his eyes and said hey, he jumped so high it was the funniest shit I had ever seen I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Oh my god what the hell your head almost hit the ceiling."

"What are you doing sneaking up on people like that? Just walk into the room next time." He said out of breath.

"I did you just were so into the game I decided to have some fun, anyway I came here to because as expected things didn't go well with my dad and I wanted to get my mind off of it."

He sat on his bed and tapped the seat next to him so I could sit next to him "what do you want to do."

"I don't actually know, but what I do know is that your the only person that can get my mind to a different place other than my father so anything is fine with me."

"Want to play fortnite." I laughed. "Not at all you know I hate that game."

"How about we just lay here and watch a show or something, aren't you watching leverage?" He said laying down.

"Yeah I'm on season 3 episode 4" I lay Down next to him and we watch leverage for the rest of the day.