{A/F} Shiro Kaneki x Reader:stay with me

Word count:1097

I pressed the paper against the wall to secure it better, stepping back I admired my work. 'Ken Kaneki Missing', I didn't have to read the poster to know exactly what it said. He'd been gone for months now and I've hung up countless of these, it's not like I thought these would help find him but at least it was something and it made me feel like I could do something, anything to help. A sigh left my lips as I averted my eyes to the sun sinking below the horizon, I should head home before it gets too dark. I turned around to head back to my apartment when my eyes met a pair of sad grey ones, I felt my breath hitch in my throat. He looked different but I knew who he was. The hours, the days, the weeks I spent imagining this moment and here it was. I parted my lips to say something, anything, but I couldn't it felt like all the air in my lungs had been sucked out and I couldn't seem to breathe.

"Y/N," he sounded so sad not the timid and innocent Kaneki I once knew this was somebody else,"Y/N I'm sorry."

I had seemed to finally regain my ability to speak,"What are you sorry for Kaneki? For leaving without a word or for all the secrets you kept from me?" My tone was sharp and cold but I felt the opposite I wanted to run into his arms and hug him but I needed to know why he did this.

"For everything, I'm sorry but I- I had to leave," he looked down at his hand and I noticed the same black mask I had seen on TV for the last months," I didn't want to Y/N but I can't explain it to you."

"Explain to me that you're a ghoul? Kaneki I knew, of course i knew, we've been best friends since middle school. Do you really think I wouldn't have noticed what happened, I don't care that you're a ghoul," I had risen my voice as hot tears began to pool in my eyes,"I just want you to stay here. Please, don't leave me again." I stared down at the pavement as I felt tears running down my face.

Suddenly I felt two strong arms pull me into them. I felt his chest against me, he had gotten stronger,"I'm sorry, I'm just scared."

I pushed him away as I glared up at his blank eyes," Scared? You're scared? of what the CCG? Kaneki you're attacking them throwing yourself into battle with them you're risking your life everyday. You could stay here and hide with me and you'll be safe."I desperately tried to reason with him.

"I'm not scared of the CCG," he looked at the now nearly set sun,"I'm scared of losing the people I love, Y/N I'm scared of losing you."

I felt my jaw clench and I wiped my tears from my glossy eyes," you're so selfish," he turned his head to me as I felt my cheeks get hot at my anger,"I thought you were dead. what you're doing is pushing away everyone that's trying to help you, you're losing everyone you love and it's your own fault. I'm not gonna sit around and wait for you to come back, if you even come back." Of course it wasn't true, I'd wait for him forever I could never forget him, but I'm so mad and hurt. Did I mean nothing to him? What did all those walks home and hours at coffee shops mean to him? Nothing? Was he just gonna leave me like everyone else. No, I wasn't gonna cry again I fought back my tears. I am not weak.

He was silent as he stared into my glowing E/C eyes. "What you're not gonna say anything? Do I mean nothing to you? So you become a ghoul and now you're weak human friend means nothing to you? You really changed huh. You know Kaneki I loved you, I still love you, somehow." He remained silent he didn't even meet my eyes. He looked ashamed, I turned to leave. The Kaneki I knew was gone.

I took a step forward as I felt a hand grab my wrist,"Y/N-".

"What was that not enough for you. Do you want to hurt me some more, are you just some heartless ghoul now?" I hesitated before I continued,"Or is it that you want the pleasure of eating your best friend, is that why you came back?" I met his eyes as they widened in shock.

"No," I saw a red tear slip from his right eye,"Y/N I love you." I felt him pull him grab my waist with his other hand his mask falling to the ground as he pulled me into him his hand leaving my wrist and cupping my cheek. I stared into his sad grey eyes as he leaned in, I felt his lips touch mine and I widened my eyes in shock before closing them and melting into him reaching up to wrap my arms around his neck pulling him down slightly and leaning up onto my toes.

We slowly parted and I opened my eyes still inches from his face,"you're gonna leave me again aren't you?" I knew the truth but I wished so badly to be wrong.

"I'm sorry."

"You keep saying that yet you have a choice. Kaneki, stay with me."I knew my pleas went to deaf ears.

"I can't, I have to get stronger," with that he pulled me in again as I felt the hot tears running down my cheeks. Our lips moved perfectly in sync like we were made for each other. I felt his calloused fingers wipe away my tears as we separated and I let go of his neck and dropped back down to the balls of my feet. He let go of my waist and wiped away my fresh tears.

"I'll come back for you," and with that his hand dropped away from my cheek picking up the familiar eye-patch mask and I choked back a sob as he walked down the now dark, moon-lit street,"goodbye Y/N."

I let my tears drip down my face as I slowly walked back to my apartment.

Please, please come back soon

Kaneki

~~~~~~~

ahh i hope that this is okay and if you liked it please comment any requests and i'll write since i have nothing else to do during quarantine and tokyo ghoul is making me feel not so lonely:(