In The Dead Of Night (DabiHawks)

A/N: So I know that due to the recent installment of the manga, this ship isn't as entirely wholesome as I had thought. So, I'm going to just pretend that chapter never happened.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The only noises Dabi heard in the dead of night, one made by his clock next to him. Well, that and the quiet breaths of his boyfriend, curled up around him.

He took a moment to consider the smaller man. Although he was older than Dabi himself, Dabi was still taller, and had a naturally bigger build. Both were rather skinny, but if some random person were to guess who was older, they would probably say it was Dabi.

His gaze traveled to his giant wings. Those fiery red wings that Dabi could see from a mile away. Some of the feathers were larger than others, with the smaller ones closer to his back. His wings were much softer than Dabi could have ever imagined, like a spring meadow.

His eyes soon traveled to the face of the man he had come to love. His ash-blonde hair was a mess, although it was clear that he tried to make it look nice. But from what Dabi has heard, his hair has a mind of it's own.

He slowly drifted his gaze down the man's face, landing on his facial features, steadily observing them, and taking them in one at a time.

His eyebrows... really needed a plucking, at least in Dabi's opinion. Every time he tried to convince him, his lover had always said that he likes them like that. And how could he object that?

Next up, his nose. He had a pointy nose, although more rounded than Dabi's. It was pointed, but ended in a button-nose sort of look. Not a thing many people could pull off, and yet the man beside him was doing it
effortlessly.

Although, even though it's one of Dabi's favorite things about him, his lover seemed to hate his nose. He would always say that "if there was one thing about me I could change, it would definitely be my nose." Dabi didn't understand how he could hate something so perfect.

And his mouth, too. His boyfriend had always had soft lips, although usually chapped. He had tried to convince him to wear chapstick at one point, but that had failed miserably. Right now, his mouth was set into a resting position; slightly open, exposing his two front teeth. It was a nice change to his usual smug grin. Although, that same smug grin had never failed to bring a smile to Dabi's face.

And finally, his gaze landed upon his closed eyes. Dabi knew the world concealed behind them. An odd mix of yellows and browns, resembling that of a hawk. Not that Dabi was in any place to judge, seeing as his own eyes weren't exactly normal.

But in all honesty, Dabi loved his eyes. He could always tell what Hawks was thinking, just by looking at them. And he thinks that if he gazes into them for long enough, he might just get lost in those dazzling eyes.

In the midst of Dabi's admiration, he felt the man's breathing become shallower, and more rapid. The man started gripping onto his shirt, as though he would fall if he let go.

The man's eyebrows furrowed, and he soon batted his eyes open, shooting straight up, panting as though he just ran from the devil.

Dabi instinctively wrapped his arms around him, comfortingly. The man melted into his touch, resting his head on his shoulder as salty tears started finding their way down his face. His wings dropped for a second, before wrapping themselves around Dabi, keeping the two close together.

"Was it another nightmare?" Dabi asked in a quiet tone, his deep voice barely even audible at that frequency.

"... y-yeah..." The man responded with a hushed tone. His voice was higher than Dabi's by a long shot.

"It's okay. Whatever it was, it was just a dream. I won't let anything hurt you, Keigo." He felt the man's weight get heavier, and when he looked down, he saw that his lover had already fallen back asleep. His wings seemed to fall as well, however still maintaining that sloppy hug they had shared.

Dabi eventually let himself drift off to sleep. His head fell against the backboard of the bed, and his arms still looped around his lover lazily.

He fell asleep like that, protecting his boyfriend from the night terrors, ready to drift off and face his own.