25 • Letting You Go

Start from the beginning

How the man was behaving so normal. So he was just troubling her? What a bad idea to tease her, Kartik!

N "Yeh sab kya hai Kartik? Aur tum uggh!
Tumhara kuch nahi hosakta!" She bursted on him. She got so worried. And the guy is just impossible.

Kartik switched the position, coming over her.

K "Toh itna ro kyu rahi thi? See, I am fine." He said wiping her tears.

N "Kartik, Tumne pills liya tha?" she asked him directl.

K "Woh..main.. it's nothing Naira," The fact that he was not meeting her eyes told her the truth already.

N "Sach batao Kartik. You can't lie to me."

K "Haan. I took the pills."

N "How many pills did you take?"

K "I don't know."

N "Yeh sab kabse chal raha hai Kartik? Tumhe pata bhi hai it can be dangerous for you! It can lead to depression." She said very strictly to make him understand.

K "I am sorry."

N "Kya sorry haan? Tumhari sorry ka kya main achar dalu?" She came out from his embrace and sat on the bed, crossing her arms. She was going to take his class.

K "Naira, Leave all this. please,"

N "Pehle mujhe batao. I want to know. So just answer me without changing the topic."

K "You really want to know?" He asked.

N "Go ahead."

K "Jab koi apna apko chodke chala jata hai toh us pain ko bardhast karna bohot mushkil hojata hai." He answered staring at her. Naira turned her face away to avoid his painful eyes.

K "And I'm doing this since three years."

N "Yeh koi solution nahi hai Kartik!"

K "Toh tum batao kya karu main? He asked, holding her hands.

N "Tum yeh adaat chod do, please." She requested. Her Kartik would ever deny her request nor her order.

He smiled and took those pills and threw it into the dustin.

K "Chod diya." He said to a happy Naira. He actually considered her words.

N "Kartik meri ekbaar kehne pe man gaya." She wondered in her mind.

Right there, he noticed, she was all ready to leave for home.

K "Naira, are you going back?"

N "Hmm."

K "Toh yaha kyu aayi ho. Chali jao." He was now really tired of hurting himself. Why does she go away everytime!

N "Shall I?" She didn't expect this reaction of course. Bidding him bye, she turned to leave, finally.

Naira took a step before she was wrapped around his arms from back. And there she melted.

K "Mat jao na please." He sobbed.

N "Kartik."

K "Acha jao. I know tum apne parents ko miss kar rahi hogi."

He took her face between his palms.

K "Ekdin main tumhe apne paas humesha ke liye le aaunga aur kabhi aapne aapse alag nahi hone dunga." Why was he being so loving all the time. She was so confused.