Chapter 14

Deku POV:

"Midoriya?" Said a voice as they shook my shoulder.

I slowly woke up from my sleep, confused about what was going on and where I was. I looked up and came face to face with Iida. We were in the common area.

"Sorry to wake you, but if you nap any longer than this, you won't get a full night's sleep later." He said.

"Oh, okay." I yawned. My neck was a little sore, probably from falling asleep in a chair. I rubbed it to hopefully make it better.

It was quiet right now. It seemed a little too quiet.

"Wait..." I thought about it for a moment. I jumped from my chair when I realized why. "Where are the kids!?" I yelled.

Iida put his hands on my shoulders. "Hey, calm down. You let them go hang out with the girls. Remember?"

I put my hand on my head. "That's right." I said quietly. "How long was I out for?" I asked to no one in particular.

"About an hour." Tokoyami answered.

"Man, you were out cold." Kaminari said. "There was one point where I had to make sure that you weren't dead."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, Kirishima tripped and fell right in front of you. He ended up breaking the coffee table, and you didn't even flinch!" Kaminari said.

I looked at the floor. The table was split down the center, and chunks of it were everywhere.

"I said that I was sorry!" Kirishima said from the other side of the room.

"And it's still hilarious! You tripped over nothing!" Kaminari called back at him.

"That's not true! There must have been a loose floorboard or something!"

"This building is still new! It hasn't even been around for a year, so I doubt there's any structural problems!"

I chuckled at their small argument. It was nice to see everyone in good spirits, especially after what happened with the villain attack.

I walked over to the kitchen to find a snack. It felt nice to relax and not worry about the kids.

But little did I know what was going to happen.

Bakugo POV:

"Again! Again!" I yelled.

"Okay, one more time." Uraraka said. She activated her quirk on me, and I floated up. When I reached a certain point, she put her fingers together. I fell down and landed in her arms, laughing the entire time.

"Okay, I think I'm done now." She said as she put me down. She looked nauseous, like she was going to throw up any second. She put her hand over her mouth and ran in the opposite direction from me.

"Bye." I said sadly. I felt a little bad for making her overuse her quirk on me.

"She'll be fine." Yaoyorozu assured me. She picked me up and held me out in front of her. My body dangled in the air. She pulled me close to her and embraced me in a tight hug.

"I can't breathe." I said.

"Whoops, sorry! You're just so cute!" She squealed. I still hated that word, but I've learned to ignore it the best I can.

She loosened her grip on me a little bit. I coughed a few times when the air finally made it to my lungs. She held me with one arm and used the other to poke my nose.

"Boop!" She said.

I laughed and put my face in her shoulder. She put me down to let me run around and play some more. I went over to Tsu and Ashido, who were sitting in the grass.