FOUR. ARCHER

( MAY 15 )

"keeping your eyes wide open, i see," sophie grinned at archer as she watched the girl's hazel eyes wander the crowds of the shopping centre aimlessly. "oh, uh— yeah," archer gave a small false laugh in response, and her friend seemed to buy it as sophie turned her attention to the dress teagan was trying on. "do you think it suits me, soph?" teagan asked, giving a small spin so that the yellow fabric spread out around her in a spiral. "you look amazing, tigger," hope smiled from across the changing rooms, where she was trying on countless new pairs of jeans. "do i buy it?" teagan asked archer, causing the girl to quickly snap out of her thoughts. "one hundred percent, tigz," archer smiled smally, watching as her friend grinned back before wandering off to find a till to pay at with sophie, leaving her and hope alone. "hope?" archer questioned, watching as her blonde friend disappeared behind the old navy changing curtain once again. "yeah, arch?" the girl responded without reappearing. "have you- have you seen your soulmate, yet, hopey?" archer asked reluctantly, and it was only at these words that hope peered her head around the curtain, her eyebrows furrowed. "no, not yet." the girl said. "but i've only been sixteen for two months. you can't expect it to happen instantly." "no, i know." archer cut in, pushing a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. "i'm just wondering, that's all." "i'm surprised you haven't had yours." hope spoke again, emerging from her changing room with atleast four pairs of blue jeans slung over her arm. "i was certain yours was going to be abs." the brown haired girl let out a low laugh at her friend. "no, me and abs aren't like that." "it's a shame," hope smirked. "you two would have been cute together." "maybe," archer shrugged, trying to push the whole soulmate thing from her mind for the rest of the day, until she could discuss it with someone who knew; the only person who did being abs himself.

the four girls were sat around a small table in the food court, stacks of chips in front of each of them. taking a sip from her sprite, archer dared to glance at sophie, taking a deep breath. "hey, soph?" the brown haired girl asked, and her best friend turned to face her, taking a bite from a chip. "what's up, arch?" sophie asked, and archer took a steady breath. "you've had your soulmate feeling, right?" the dark haired girl nodded. "yeah, you know i have. why, already thinking about yours?" she laughed, and archer shrugged. "i think i had it." the girl mumbled, digging into the food on her tray. "already?" teagan questioned, her eyes widening. "i've never known anyone to have it this early on." "is it abs?" soph grinned with a wink, only for hope to shake her head. "nah, i already asked her about that one. besides, abs hasn't had his, so." "who was it, then?" teagan furrowed her eyebrows. "it's not like you've seen anyone over the past two days other than us and abs." "well," archer began, placing her drink back on the crowded table. "have you heard of anyone ever getting it from, say, a photo, or seeing someone on tv?" "i think so," hope shrugged. "that's how my parents met. my mom saw a photo of my dad in some sort of newspaper." "why? you see your soulmate watching tv?" teagan quizzed jokingly, only stopping laughing when she noticed archer nodding. "wait, you're serious?" sophie added. archer bit her lip nervously before speaking. "uh— yeah. my soulmate is sorta wyatt oleff."