TWO. ARCHER

( MAY 13 )

"archer! i'm here!" the boy's voice echoed throughout the large house as archie spencer closed the front door behind him, kicking his shoes off. instantly, the brown haired girl sprinted downstairs, engulfing her best friend in a bone crushing hug. "woah, arch!" the boy laughed. "i literally saw you yesterday." "i know, abs." archer replied, letting go of the curly haired boy. "i'm just incredibly excited to watch it." "just like you have been the last twenty seven times we've watched it." abs grinned back in response. archie had gone by abs since he was six years old and archer singh moved in next door. it was impossible to accomplish anything when both the children answered to 'arch' or even 'archie', so archer had taken the liberty of using his initials as his name instead. the nickname just happened to go hand in hand nicely with how attractive the boy had become through puberty, as abs was definitely one word you could use to describe the sixteen year old.

"what can i say, abs?" archer said, pulling the popcorn and ice cream sandwiches from the various cupboards in her kitchen. "i'm sixteen now. it could be this time i watch it that i find out finn wolfhard is my soulmate." she joked, earning a laugh from abs. "i'm sorry, but finn wolfhard's soulmate is jack dylan grazer, and you cannot tell me otherwise." the boy placed a piece of popcorn in his mouth, earning a playful swat on the arm from archer. "no eating before the movie." racing into the living room, the two friends settled down on the large grey sofa, abs tossing a fuzzy blanket over their legs as archer pulled the remote out from underneath him. she pressed play, and the screen lit up with the familiar opening credits of the andy muschietti movie, the film she had made abs, along with her other friends watch countless times.

"man, i adore this scene." the girl grinned, watching as bill denbrough began painting wax along the bottom of the newspaper boat. "i would give anything to have a brother like bill." "you have me, don't you?" abs insisted, throwing a piece of toffee popcorn in the air and catching it in his mouth. "that is very true." archer agreed, because it was true. archer and abs had been best friends since they were six years old, and whilst many people thought they were dating, the two were strictly platonic and happy to keep it that way. "shit!" abs gasped, watching as pennywise's teeth snapped up georgie's arm and dragged the small boy down the drain. the brown haired girl let out a sharp laugh at her best friend, watching as his brown widened in fear. "you are such a scaredy-cat, abs!" "shush," the boy insisted, swinging a pillow so it hit the girl square in the face. "stop!" archer shrieked. "you're blocking my view of finn wolfhard's face!"

archer's eyes remained trained on the screen as the losers walked out from class, first bill, then richie, then stan, then eddie. oh, shit. the girl's eyes stayed fixed on stanley uris a feeling overcame her that she'd never felt before. she may have only just turned sixteen that day, but there was the feeling archer had been told about her whole life. but it can't be. i've only just turned sixteen. and that's a tv screen, surely it has to be in person, right? there is no way that my soulmate is stanley uris. he's fictional. does that mean- it's wyatt oleff? "oh, shit." she said outloud, earning a confused look from abs. "what's up?" the boy asked, his mouth still full of popcorn. archer just shook her head because there was no way that she could have felt that. not right now. not for someone on her tv screen. "nothing," the girl muttered, and abs shrugged, continuing to watch the movie and ignoring what just happened.

"that's poison ivy. and that's poison ivy." there it was again. that damn feeling that archer had been trying to ignore. there was no way the girl could deny it now. she was sixteen. when you hit sixteen, you were supposed to just know. and archer knew. taking the remote from the shelf, archer paused the movie and moved her gaze over abs, who was looking at her, confused. "what's up, arch?" the curly haired boy questioned, sitting up straight and placing the bowl of popcorn on the floor. "uh— you've not have your soulmate feeling yet, have you abs?" archer asked, and abs shook his head. "no, not yet. why?" "well, i think i just had mine." the girl admitted, and abs furrowed his eyebrows for a minute before his face broke into a laugh. "what? you mean finn wolfhard. very funny, arch." the girl's face remained serious, causing abs' smile to drop. "wait, seriously?" the brunette nodded once again, swallowing harshly. "yeah— but it's not finn. it's wyatt."