"You want to be in a place where you will have to be self conscious and look over your shoulder every two minutes so that no one will grope you? Is that where you really want to be?" He asked me, a mocking smirk on his lips and I gulped inaudibly as the reality of what he said hit me like a brick. He was right, but I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction. He ignored me for almost an entire week and now he's pretending to care. I scoffed.

"I think I'm very capable of taking care of myself, thank you very much Jamal." I looked away from him, taking a bite of my Oreos.

"Then you are more naive than I thought." He deadpanned and I jerked my face towards him. Vanessa gasped while Mateo and Somadina exchanged glances.

He did not just say what I think he said. Is he fücking kidding me?

"Jamal!" Skye chided and he just shrugged nonchalantly, going back to stare at his phone.

I honestly can't deal with this.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mumbled, packed my stuff and began to walk away. I heard someone get up and I looked back. "No one should please follow me," I stated and began ti continue my walk, anything to get me away from this place. I can't be where Jamal is right now.

****

Still the same day, but I've been on my own since Jamal's trash talk at the love garden. I was pissed at him but at the same time concerned as to what I must have done to warrant such attitude from him. I couldn't even place it, no matter how hard I tried to think about it.

I was walking through the hallway to my class when someone suddenly dragged my hand and pulled me into an empty class.

"What the..." I looked up and saw Jamal peering at me and I unconsciously scoffed. "What the hell is the meaning of this?" I frowned at him, folding my hands.

"I needed to talk to you." He said, closing the door and locking it, trapping us in. I wasn't scared because I knew he wouldn't do anything to me.

How sure are you? My subconscious asked me.

"If you actually wanted to talk to me, you could have have just asked, like a normal person." I rolled my eyes.

"You would not answer me after..." He trailed off when I raised an eyebrow at him, daring him to complete his statement.

"After what you said to me. Shebi, that's what you want to say na." I glared at him and he sighed, running his hand through his buzz cut.

"I didn't mean what I said. I shouldn't have said it. I apologize." He said, his eyes and voice holding remorse but there is no way I would make it easy for him.

"So now, it's just clicking in your head that what you said did not make sense, abi? I don't even know what to say to you." I hissed and made to go but the door was locked. That was when I remembered that the key was with him. I turned and stretched my hand. "Give me the key, Jamal." She ordered.

"Not until you forgive me. Elyon, come on." He said. I rolled my eyes, getting frustrated.

"You think I'll just accept this excuse of an apology from you and hand you forgiveness so easily?" I didn't know when I snapped but I couldn't take it back.

"This is the first time we are fighting since we met, Elyon. That should at least tell you something." He was being defensive now and I just had to scoff. Okay, now he was just plain annoying.

"Yes, Jamal. It is telling me something. It's been three weeks since we met and what all these is telling me is that you are the kind of person that picks a fight over stupid issues." I flared angrily and he kept quiet. I brushed strands of my hair that had fallen off my fave and I felt his eyes follow the movement.