Chapter 4 : First Time for Everything

Start from the beginning

"What's this I hear about a party?" Bonnie said as she came into the house. "El and I are going to a party tonight! You wanna come with us?" Max asked. Bonnie frowned. "Aw sorry, hun. I'm actually not much of a party goer. But I'll gladly be your chauffeur." She offered with a smile. Max giggled. "Perfect!"
"Yay," El muttered. Bonnie tilted her head. "Not excited to party, El?" She asked. El shrugged. "It's all new to me. I'm a rule follower, and a High School party breaks all the rules." She said quietly. "But we're gonna have a blast, I'm sure. C'mon, El. Let's go get ready!" She squealed as she grabbed her friend's arm and dragged her to the bedroom.

Bonnie and Billy laughed as the ran off, El giving Bonnie a look that pleaded her to rescue herself from Max.

"They won't last very long." Bonnie said. Billy nodded. "Yeah, I know. One whiff of beer and body odor will probably scare them off." Bonnie giggled. "Any plans tonight?" She asked. Billy shook his head. "Nah, my date cancelled. She left school today with a fever so I just told her not to worry about it."
"I'm sorry, school?" Bonnie questioned. She sighed and rubbed her eyebrows. "I swear, Billy, if you freakin-"

"Relax, Bonnie." Billy interrupted. "She's a senior, I'm not going to take a freaking middle schooler on a date."

"But you'll take a middle schooler's mom out for 'swimming lessons' at 8:00 at night?"

Billy glared at Bonnie as she threw her hands up in defense. "Hey, it's just the facts."

"Well, jokes on you, Karen didn't even show up."

Bonnie made a pouty face at Billy. He punched her arm, which sent her staggering backwards a little bit. "Hey, not so rough." She spat. "Oh, what? Did I hurt your shoulder?" He taunted. "Not as bad as my statement hurt your ego." She fired back. The two siblings glared at each other for a few solid seconds before bursting into laughter. "God, I missed getting on your nerves." Billy said as he ruffled her curled hair. Bonnie snorted. "Yeah. It's nice to have someone to annoy the crap out of again. Hey, since you aren't doing anything, after I drop the girls off, do you wanna watch a movie?" Bonnie asked. Billy smiled. "Sure, Honey Bee. But don't make me sit through one of those sappy romance movies." He said with a shudder. "Relax, Casanova. I'm not making you watch any of those. I was thinking horror, since Halloween's not too far away." Bonnie suggested. Billy nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

"Okay, we're ready."

Max and El stepped out of the room. Max wore a white tube top with high waisted acid washed jean shorts and white converse. Her hair was in braids, and she wore a bright red lipstick. El was wearing a spaghetti strap black dress that came to her knees. She wore a dark red lip stick and combat boots and her hair was teased out. Max looked very confident and excited, but El looked uncomfortable and uneasy.

Bonnie whistled and clapped her hands. "Well, look at this. Wow, you're gonna have all the boys staring tonight, girls." Bonnie teased with a very overly exaggerated wink. Max laughed at Bonnie, but El barely smiled. "They better freaking not or I'll rip them in half." Billy muttered. "Oh hush, Billy. Alright you two, in the car. Don't wanna be late for your first party!" Bonnie yelled excitedly.

"Hey, home before 10:30, got it?" Billy ordered. "And don't even think about getting with some guy tonight, and do NOT follow him into a room by yourself. ABSOLUTELY no alcohol, either. If someone offers you brownies, don't eat them. The last thing I need is you two stoned. And if some guy offers you a ride-"