Chapter 38: Spyder's Final Battle?

I'M FINALLY BACK. SO SO SORRY. My computer broke, and I had a ton of hw. Last work Tuesday and then it's SUMMERRRRR! After this, there's not a ton left. We're coming to the end I believe. Some more fun and stuff like that but there's not that much left. There will be a sequel, don't know name or details quite yet.

Spyder's Base
East Tunnel Exit
11:00 AM
Sunday
July 19th

Erica's POV:
Well that was nice. We were so close, but now we had to beat like 500 enemy agents first. Now we had to wait another 30 minutes, tops. Joking. Though I did start a timer on my watch.

Ashley charged at me and Ash. Now before, she had almost beat me. Now, it wasn't even close. She couldn't defend Ash's and my attacks at the same time. I punched her in the stomach and she tried to get up but couldn't. Ash kicked her in the face and blood dripped down her face.

"Stop it you jidiots! That hurt!"

"Good." I said with a cold voice.

She grabbed my leg and tried to pull me down, but I spun out of her grasp

Within minutes she was out cold. It may seem cruel but I was done with her shit and shot her twice. Ash checked her pulse.

"Dead." 

I nodded. "You fight really well." I stated.

"Thanks. You do too."

Ben had taken out 30 of them already.

"They're not very good. I only shot or hit them each once." He noticed.

"Or you're just way better." I suggested.

"Thanks." He smiled.

I noticed at least half of them were already on the ground. My grandparents and mother had taken out like 200 because they're amazing. While I was noticing this I took out another 20. Griff and Ash had teamed up and had taken another 100 out.

"Wait where's Jo-"

"Right behind you sweetie."

"DO NOT CALL ME SWEETIE!" I yelled and attacked.

I threw punch after punch. I remembered his missing limbs and shoved him to the ground. I pulled of his prothstetics and pulled out my gun.

"I am sick! And tired! Of you! And your! Practically immortal! Shit!" I yelled between grunts as we fought, even though he only had 2 of his four limbs. 

"Erica calm down babe."

"DO NOT CALL ME BABE."

"Anyways the place is rigged to blow up and there's fires all over. If you're not out of here in 30 minutes, you're going to die."

"You're going to die. And you're going to stay dead you asshole!" I shoved him back down and aimed the gun. I started to pull the trigger.

"Erica! Wait!" Ben yelled.

"What!?!" I demanded.

"Don't kill him." He pleaded. "It's just him and 50 others now. Everyone else is dead or captured. Our team are still fighting but they'll be done soon."

"He deserves to die."

"I know but-"

"The only way to stop him and Spyder for good is to kill him. I'm going to pull this trigger whether you want me to or not. I love you, but you're wrong. I'm sure of this. I need to make sure he's no longer a threat. You cannot change my mind."

"FIne. If you have to. But I want a shot too if he's gonna die anyways." He joked. I laughed as he limped over and slipped his hand into mine. "Ready?" He asked.

I nodded.

We raised our guns and aimed them at his head or chest. (Like Ben pointed it at his head and Erica at his chest) He stirred a little and raised his arm. He'd somehow gotten a gun. I dove for it, but he was too quick. He fired twice straight at Ben's chest.

"DUCK!"

But it was too late. He moved so the bullets hit him barely right of his chest. He fell against the wall and slid down.

"BEN!" I screamed, hot tears streaming down my face.

"3. 2. 1." He whispered hoarsely with a small smile. 

We pulled the triggers and the bullets flew at him. 

His body shook upon impact. 

I took a ragged breath. It had been hard to acknowledge he was evil. Dead was harder. I checked his pulse.

"Dead."

I saw blood running down Ben's chest and realized he had been limping. I remembered the two bullets and got to work.

"Ben! Are you okay? Stay with me. I can't lose you"

He tried to nod and smile but pain overtook his face. 

"Go." He said hoarsely. 

"Ben you know I'm not leaving you to die."

"The fight's not over."

"But your life might as well be if we leave."

He stood up and fell back against the wall.

"Erica I love you but you need to go. Their base is going to blow up in 7 minutes"

"No."

"What?"

"No." I kicked the back of his leg and it buckled. I hand-cuffed him to me and continued to tend to his wounds. I pulled the bullets out and bandaged him up.

I gently pulled him up and we started to walk. Unfortunately I'd missed all the fun. Each person had one agent left. I watched as each fell to the ground. 

"Time." I checked my watch

"Huh?

"16 minutes and 19 seconds to take them all out."

We walked to the exit and got close when I felt him move. He had slipped out of the handcuffs and was running back.

"BENJAMIN RIPLEY GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!"

He turned long enough to look at me sadly and say. "I can't do that. I need to get something very important. I have 5 minutes left but if I die, know I love you."

I started to run after him when my mom held me back. She wrapped her arms around me and pinned me to her.

"Sweetie you can't go after him. I can't lose you."

"Erica he's my best friend, but it's not safe." Mike added.

"He's my husband. He decided to spend the rest of his life with me at 19. I love him. I'm going." I slipped out and ran after him as fast as I could. 

I heard a gunshot and a yelp of pain as someone not far ahead fell.