[Chapter 4]

You unloaded your kids from the car and hurried into the safety of your home

Bakugou was about to go right back out the door to help the people still at the amusement park but you quickly grabbed his wrist.

"Katsuki... let's think rationally about this. Let's watch the news and then you should decide if you're still going to go."

He shook his head and covered his eyes with his hand in frustration. "Yeah.. I wasn't fucking thinking clearly."

You and the rest of the family gathered around the TV and you used the remote to flip to the news channel.

Static noises were emitting from the TV, which was strange since your TV set was fairly new.

You wanted to feel a sense of comfort by watching the news, you wanted the anchorman to tell everyone that everything was going to be fine. But he never did.

The anchorman had a very nervous look on his face and sweat was dripping down from his forehead. He kept anxiously glancing around the room.

"L-Ladies and gentlemen.. I regret to inform you that something very d-dangerous is happening. Please find a safe place to hid- OH GOD!! AGHH, GET IT OFF!"

You covered your mouth with both of your hands in pure horror. You could do nothing except watch as the anchorman was viciously attacked by the creature. The camera fell over and you saw the view of all of the news members frantically running out the door.

You forgot your kids were in the room so you quickly turned off the TV. Silence lingered in the air, none of you saying anything. There was nothing to say.

Bakugou fell back onto the couch and covered his face with his hands, his knees supporting his elbows.

"What the fuck?! Is- Is this some kind of zombie apocalypse or some shit?!"

You all knew the answer to that question. Even little Hikari, who was still staring at the blank TV screen with a faraway look in her eyes.

A loud bang was at the door.

More loud bangs followed the first, making your kids scream while you and Bakugou protectively stood in front of them.

The bangs stopped.

Since your husband was the only one who could effectively use his quirk, he quietly inched towards the door.

He was about to look out the peep hole right when the loudest bang hit the door, causing him to jump slightly and step back.

"LET ME IN! P-PLEASE HELP US!"

Wait a second.. you recognized that voice. It was your neighbor, Nakamura Reo.

Bakugou realized it too. He glanced at you, as if asking if he should let him in or not.

Your face paled when you realized something. Nakamura and his wife just had a baby only two weeks ago.

If...If their baby was out there with the zombies then you were wasting time! You couldn't let a baby die.

"Let them in!!" You yelled, stepping closer.

Bakugou hesitated for a moment before opening the door.

There stood Nakamura with his baby in his arms but.. his wife wasn't there. Oh god.

He quickly rushed into your house, trembling tremendously. The baby in his arms was crying, letting out whines and other baby noises.

"My wife, t-they got her.." He mumbled, his grip on his baby tightening slightly.

You stepped forward to place a warm hand on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Nakamura. At least you and your baby are safe."

You felt something on his shoulder. You adjusted your hand slightly to feel it properly.

A bite mark.

Quickly taking a few steps back, your eyes widened. You had let this man in your house.

"I-I don't want to turn into one. I just want to stay with my baby, I wanted to live a happy life." Sobs and hics left Nakamura's mouth.

Before anyone could say anything, he started jerking violently. When his eyes opened again, they were a clouded white color. He still had his baby in his hands.

One last groan escaped his mouth before his head dived down, devouring his own child.

You grabbed both of your kid's hands and ran out of the house with Bakugou behind you.

Once getting into your car again, you felt tears dripping down your face.

You felt a warm hand encase your own.

You looked beside you and saw Bakugou's red eyes staring into your own.

Wiping away your tears, you threw your head back against the seat. "We knew him..! We talked to their family just yesterday, and now they're gone! Even their bab-"

Bakugou held your hand tighter. "Nothing could have prevented that, (F/n). At least their baby doesn't have to experience.. whatever is happening now."

You squeezed his hand back. "You're right... but what are we going to do now?"

Bakugou looked ahead, staring at the garage door in front of the car.

"I have no goddamn clue."

Music suddenly erupted from the crack under your car seat.

It startled everyone in the car. What the hell was that coming from?

You recognized that music.

"Katsuhiko! Can you please reach under my seat?" You asked, causing everyone to look at you with confused expressions.

"O-Ok.." He bent over and stuck his arm under your car seat, feeling around. His small hand came into contact with something. Katsuhiko grabbed it and pulled it out, handing it to you.

Just as you thought. It was a small, circular device with multiple buttons on it. When you pressed a button, a song would play. One of your friends made it and gave it to Hikari as a birthday present.

"I know where we have to go." You said, gripping the small toy in your hands. "Hatsume Mei's place."

"She's always been good at creating devices. She can hook us up with some things that we might need.. like weapons."

Just as Bakugou pulled out of the driveway, Nakamura limped out of the house with blood covering his face.

As you drove to Hatsume's house, you thought back to the violent scene you saw in your own home only a few minutes ago.

If you turned into a zombie... was it possible that you would do that to your own children too?