chapter 4

• Third person •

Next day

''Good morning, guys. Today we will start with our tracking tour.'', Nayip says as everyone cheers. ''I thought we could make a Little racing to the camp. We will build two teams and whoever reaches the camp first wins. The losers will have to set up the tents and cook while the winners rest. Who wants to be team leader?''

Johnnys and Haydens hands shot up. ''Okay come on.'', Nayip says. They go up to him to pick the teams.

''Ugh idiots.'', Annie rolls her eyes.

-

Everyone is hurrying to reach the camp as fast as possible. Although they still weren't as fast as some others.

Johnny was just sitting on a rock eating and chilling. He watches the other people running and breathing heavily while he's living his best life.

Then Nadia sees him and comes up to him out of breath. ''Johnny, how can you just sit here!? We have to win!''

''Relax, babe. Winning against Johnny is unusual.'', Johnny says. ''It's impossible.'', he says not worrying that anyone could beat him.

She smiles and takes a seat next to him on the rock. ''Look, i hurt my leg today.'', she says.

''Oh no baby. But that looks ugly!'', he says in a sarcastic tone which she didn't understand.

''What should i do?'', she asks worried.

He looks around for a second. ''Here.'', he goes over to a plant and rips a leaf. ''There you go. That's good for skin.''

Obviously that fact was just made up but Nadia still believed it.

''Oh really? Then smear some of it on my face to.'', she says oblivious. She smiles as John looks up to her holding back his laugh.

''Okay.'', he says.

She smiles as she leanes back. She opens her eyes as she notices something up of the hill.

''Eh Johnny, didn't you say no one could beat you? Who's that?'', Nadia says pointing to where she was looking.

Johnny took his binoculars to see closer who it was.

''Impossible.'', he mumbles seeing Kenzie.

He quickly got up and run up the hill to reach her. ''Gotta go.'', he says fast. He was not gonna let her win this.

''Wait, who is that?'', Nadia shouts after him.

''My mom!'', he yells back.

''Huh, i didn't know that his mom came here too.'', she wonders.

''Kenzie, wait! Kenzie!'', Johnny shouts trying to make her stop.

''What!?''

''Slow down.'', he says.

''Ha, why would i? Just that you could beat me?'', she says still not looking back at him and keeping walking.

''Come on. You always beat me in school, let me win this time.'', he says.

''Why would i let you win?'', she asks turning around to face him. He was a little out of breath from running after her.

''Come, let's sit down.'', he offers as they sit down on a rock.

''Maybe you would be faster if you wouldn't waste your time flirting with girls.'', Kenzie says breaking the short silence in which John tried to catch his breath.

''Flirting is good for your health. Sort of like yoga. You should try it too.'', he says.

''Oh please, i don't need this or Girls like that.''

''Come on, look at her.'', Johnny says smiling and pointing to Nadia in the back. ''Look how she swings her hips like that. Doink, doink, doink.''

''There're also other things that are swinging with her.'', she says rolling her eyes.

''You don't seem to like Nadia that much, don't you?'', he says slightly laughing.

''I think she's too... you know. That type of girl you always flirt with.'', she says.

''Yeah, you're right, she isn't the smartest.'', he agrees. ''But i can't flirt with girls like you, so i flirt with her.'', he says and shruggs.

''What do you mean 'girls like me'?'', she asks confused.

''I don't flirt with girls like you.'', he says looking into her eyes. ''I fall in love.'', he comes closer. She froze for a second. ''And that isn't good for my health.'', he winks as he stands up and starts to walk again.

Kenzie sits there for a second confused before standing up fast. ''Johnny wai-'', she tried to walk but tripped. She looked at her feet to see them tied with a rope.

Johnny starts to laugh as he continues walking.

''Johnny, you cheater!'', she shouts.

''You should also be able to lose sometimes!'', he grins.

''I will tell Nayip about this!'', she screams annoyed.

''We're not in school anymore, Kenz!'', he laughs as he leaves her there.