t h i r t y f o u r

(IT SEEMS WATTPAD ISN'T ALERTING YOU TO THE FACT THAT TWO CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN POSTED! PLEASE READ THE  CHAPTER BEFORE :))

AS A RESULT of Chase leaving in two days time, I had devised a plan to make tomorrow the best second first date ever. I wanted to make sure that he wouldn't forget about me and that he would come back to me. I know he said he would, but doing this made me a feel a little better. 

Luckily, my thirteen year-old self was a sucker for romantic comedies and created a 'first date bucket' list. I had spent most of the day searching for it and found it in a storage box in the garage. My hand-writing was messy as fuck but nothing had really changed. 

There was a whole list of things in the tiny notebook I had decorated with purple and blue nail polish. It was a painting of a forest during twilight as was giving me major Bob Ross vibes. 

With the notebook in hand, I slip my sunglasses onto my head and join Penn and Levi outside. Levi was lying spread eagle on a bright pink towel and I frown as I stare down at him. 

"What are you doing Levi?" I question as I stand above him. 

"What does it look like?" He replies with another question, "I'm photosynthizing." 

I scoff, "Of course you are." 

Penn was seated on one of the day beds. She had a straw sunhat on, a pair of sunglasses and she was reading her book. She had develop a gorgeous golden tan over the past few weeks and it made her red hair seem so bright. 

"Hey." She smiles up at me when I near her, "What's up, buttercup?" 

I take a seat on the end of her day bed and bring my legs up, folding them underneath me. We had all gone swimming just before so Penn and I were still in our bikinis. I came back to the house with her and Levi while Chase, Noah and Spencer stayed in the water. 

I could just make out the three of them with Noah running away from Chase in the shallows. So cute. 

"I wrote this notebook when I was thirteen. It's got a whole list of first date ideas in here." I say as I gesture to the small journal. Penn closes her books and places it on the side table. 

"Here, come lie down." She says as she pats her belly. I lie back between her legs and rest my head on her stomach as I open the notebook in front of us. Penn groans,  "How the hell was you're writing like that back then?" 

"It wasn't. My snooty ass was a damn show off because I had just started taking calligraphy classes." I explain with small laugh as I start reading down the list. I then point at one of the options, "Ha, watch a foreign movie while making out in the back row?" 

"Hey, Noah and I have done that." Penn giggles, her chest vibrating underneath my head, "But it wasn't on purpose. Noah accidentally bought tickets to a Danish film when we were meant to go see Frozen 2."