[09] Desires & Destiny

Mulai dari awal

"I insist"

We went back upstairs where we realized it was only one single tub.

"Don't tell me you've been allies for so long yet haven't been accustomed to seeing each other without clothing," Yennefer teased.

Geralt took off his clothing while I did the same and we sat in the tub across from one another.

"Now, how exactly did you come across a djinn?" She asked.

"Geralt fished it out of a lake so he could wish for some sleep," I answered.

"Fishing for a djinn seems an extreme measure to remedy sleeplessness," Yennefer said.

"When extreme measures seem reasonable, yes. I'm desperate," Geralt said.

"And yet you didn't ask me to help you with that," she mentioned.

"Looming death kind of jumped the queue. Now, I'm wondering if I can afford you. Have I accidentally agreed to indentured servitude?" Geralt argued.

"How long have you two been doing this dance?" Yennefer asked.

"I beg your pardon???"

"The sexual tension between the two of you is clearly there...even the bard has noticed and sung about it a couple of times," she stated.

"There's nothing sexual going on between us so save your breath," I sighed.

"If you really believe that, your 'friend' would've never had that crystal necklace made for you," Yennefer smirked.

I was twisting my necklace around when she left to check on Jaskier while Geralt and I were left alone.

"She can get inside my head with ease while you struggle to even find a way in," Geralt scoffed.

"You're never going to let this go, are you?!" I chuckled.

"I shouldn't have a mage like her being able to see my thoughts while you just sit there without the faintest idea of what's on my mind," he argued.

"You think having Yennefer know your thoughts makes me happy?! You're the only person in this Continent that I can't see what you're fvcking thinking and it angers me!" I snapped.

Geralt swiftly moves forward to pull me closer to him as he placed his hands on my face.

"I want nothing more than for you to be happy and to have you see what I see in you," Geralt sighed.

"You're not a threat to the Continent, Geralt," I whispered.

"Pardon me, I brought a drink if you lovebirds are interested," Yennefer stated.

"No thanks," Geralt sighed.

"More for me then," I smirked.

Yennefer passed the drink over to me as she decided to join us and she would have a lovely conversation with Geralt who left when she said the conversation they had was enough payment. He left to check on Jaskier so I got out to dry myself and got dressed when Yennefer caught me off guard and put me under a spell.

"Sorry, I need your help with the djinn," Yennefer whispered.

I was suddenly locked away in my own head while Yennefer was talking to Geralt.

"Valyria?!"

"VALYRIA!!!"

"GERALT!!!" I screamed.

Unfortunately, my body didn't even make a single move as Geralt noticed my eyes.

"She's alright, I just need her natural magic for a spell," Yennefer said.

"I suggest that....that scent, lilac and-"

"Gooseberries. Tough to get in your head. You have a strong will but you can't contend with me. Sorry I couldn't be direct, I knew you fight it. And I do love a good old-fashioned trap," she said.

"A good old...fashioned...nap," Geralt mumbled.

Geralt left while my body was stuck with Yennefer and Jaskier when I turn around to a door that opened to suddenly drag me away.

"No....no, no, NOOO!!!" I screamed.

I was locked away and stuck inside my mind as I waited for Geralt to wake me up from whatever Yennefer was doing with the djinn.