[07] The Hybrid

I woke up in bed, completely exhausted when I saw Geralt at the door and I slowly sat up which immediately catches his attention.

"I bought some breakfast if you feel well enough to eat," Geralt mentioned.

"How long was I out???" I asked.

"Nearly two weeks, thankfully the healer was nearby to help you," he sighed.

"Fine, I'll eat first and bathe because I seriously need it," I sighed.

We ate breakfast together and Geralt helped me fill up the bath so I can soak my body to help relax. After a good amount of time passed, Geralt knocked on the door to check on me and I couldn't blame him for being a bit protective over me.

"Come in!"

He came inside the bathroom as he sat on a stool that in the room.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you the way I did...it wasn't what I intended," Geralt apologized.

"No, I...I overreacted when I shouldn't have; I know it wasn't anything serious but I was just really worried that you might've been upset with me for what I did in Temeria," I argued.

"Defying me helped in Temeria so believe me when I tell you I'm not upset with you...I just have alot on my mind at the moment," he assured.

"Thank you for saving my life," I smirked.

"I'll just leave you to your bath while I see how Dorian and Roach are doing," Geralt said.

I noticed a small smile on his face as he caressed my face and he pecked my cheek before checking on our horses.

CINTRA 1249

I was upstairs in the room while Geralt was taking care of the selkiemore as I heard commotion from downstairs so I went to check it out. There was a man telling the story of the Selkiemore and Geralt while Jaskier was writing everything down.

"I tell you no lie it swallowed the whole village, it did. Not a bone to be found! Oh....don't give me that look, shitling. That's why we had to call him. The White Wolf! And he stood in the middle of that frozen lake like he knew what was coming for him. The ice cracked open and a selkiemore shout out! Oh, you've never seen one but it'd take down a ship with its cavernous mouth full of devil's teeth! And it swallowed...that witcher...whole"

"Oh, this is brilliant," Jaskier said cheerfully.

I gave Jaskier a look and he looked at the witness for more answers.

"Oh, sorry. It's just Geralt's usually so stingy with the details. Uh....and then what happened?" Jaskier asked.

"He died."

"Eh....he's fine," he shrugged.

I noticed my crystal glowing so Geralt was coming into the tavern.

"Look, I was there. I saw it with my own-"

Geralt came in and I gave him a small smile as Jaskier had the tavern sing the song. I went to have some ale when that stench made my stomach turn.