"I'll be back, it's my dad" I tell the girls. They give me a confused look because they know dad would never call either. "Hello?" I answer the phone as I step away from the group.

"Hey pumpkin, I'm on my way out right now but your mother called" Dad says.

Julie never called during the day unless it was important as well.

"What's wrong?" I question worried.

"She's gonna have her hands busy, a collusion on the Manhattan bridge" he tells me.

"The Brooklyn bridge okay?" I ask him. He hums as I hear shuffling.

"Do you and JJ mind grabbing Piper from daycare?" He asks.

"Yea no problem" I immediately say.

"There should be money in the kitchen drawer, I'll try to be home as soon as I can. Lock the door"

"Dad" I cut him off with a chuckle "I know the drill"

"Ok, just be careful ya?"

"Yea. You too" I say.

"Leo!" I hear someone yell.

"I love you" I quickly tell him, he abruptly ends the call not in a mean gesture I knew he was out in the field today so me quickly getting my point across was better.

I walk over to the girls who waited for me "everything okay?" Court asks.

"Yea, I just need to pick up Piper from daycare" I give them a forced smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Leading JJ and Piper up the street to our Manhattan house, well dwelling. There weren't any normal looking houses in Manhattan New York, their called dwellings.

"How long did dad say he'll be out?" JJ asks as I hold on tightly to Piper's hand.

"He didn't, he's on the field on a case so I doubt he'll be back anytime" I sigh.

"Normal day in New York" JJ sighs. I give him a forced smile.

"dad said we can order in or I can call Uncle Finley and Aunt Amelia. They were both off today"

"No Uncle Finley's working remember, he picked up that extra shift" I tell him as Piper runs up the stairs to the house.

"With dad being promoted to the FBI and Uncle Finley staying at the NYPD, their schedule is weird to figure out" JJ chuckles as I open the door.

I chuckle as I close and lock the door behind us securely "I'll just call Aunt Amelia" I say.

JJ and I got changed out of our uniforms before I called Aunt Amelia. The three of us were in the kitchen, preparing ourselves snacks when the lights went out.

"Well" I mutter stopping myself from swearing in front of Piper. The back up generators turn on and I sigh, Piper was immediately at my side and I pick up the three year old.

"What's the verdict?" I ask JJ who had walked towards the main windows by the window bench.

"Looks like the whole city maybe, I would get a good look"