Chapter 4

-Star's P.O.V-

Hello ther precious I heard in my head, the voice deep and masculine as it invaded my drifting mind. I ignored him, my concentration bring on writing my number in red ink on the piece of paper before me. I planned to give it to the boy beside me as a good act of faith, after all he does look attractive and I only have two days to mess around before the games begin. Once that happens I am stuck with one guy, no more flirting or sleeping around and well, basically my life ends for me then. I had already started my to grieve my freedom. Oh the freedom I will no doubt lose once Mr. Perfect over there marks me as his under the moonlight. I guess you can say this is actually my chance to settle down for once. Not that I typically like the whole mate couple scene and all, but I figured if I am going to be forced into it...I might as well choose the best for myself.

Why are you ignoring me? The voice asked, my wolf starting to get ticked off by his own irritated tone.

She doesn't like interruptions so shoo please my wolf huffed in defense and I smiled. She, my wolf was always a spirited one. Love to prove it by talking back to all who dared to link with me without permission. She's my guardian and she protects me. I anyone decids to step over my boundries...all hell breaks loose with her.

Sorry we won't bother you anymore another voice replied, his tone softer, almost inviting compared to the other one,

I felt my heart flutter then, a smile curving my lips as I turned and spotted the boy I had caught staring at me a while ago.

He dropped his blue eyes to his desk though, his face stoic as I tried to gather his attention with a little wave. Something was wrong, he was giving me mixed signals that were definitely not what I expected from someone destined to be your mate. First he was desperate to make contact and now he can't even look at me.

Don't look at me like that he demanded as I continued to study him from my seat.

Well then tell me why you aren't looking at me I said, forcing my wolf to be quiet as I tried to speak some snappy remark.

I have nothing to say to you. I am closing the link he growled and I felt his presence leave me as he put up a barrier between us.

Upset I swallowed down my pride and went back to work on my paper, the raven haired grey eyed boy grinning as I slid over to his desk. Tonight will be a happy one, mate or no mate.