Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning

ابدأ من البداية

Alas, victory was on there side... But the war was not over."

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

"How many times are you going to read that fantasy story?" Jane asked me.

"It's not a fantasy!" I said.

"Yeah because people with magic powers and a giant crystal is an everyday thing." Chris said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I know magic and a giant magical crystal doesn't exist, but, the symbol on this book is the same as the on my necklace. Don't you think that means something?" I said.

The two stopped what they were doing and looked at each other weirdly then at me.

"Okay... So what? Maybe it was just a coincidence." Jane said.

Yeah. It was totally a coincidence that my family's most prized possession, especially from my mother, was now a fictional story book for children. Mhm becauee that makes total sense.

I looked at her without any emotions on my face and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, you never know. It could be." She said.

I sighed and closed my notebook.

"By the way, did you guys hear? There's gonna be transfer students from Prickston High School. One is in our level and the other is a sophmore." Chris said.

"Prickston High School?! Seriously? That school sucks. Why would they be there in the first place?" Jane said.

Chris just shrugged. "But, I did hear that they're famous in... Well almost all of Asia, but they aren't asians."

"Asia? What's that? Is that like a state in France or something or...?" Jane said.

OMG, I am so freaking done. "Are you serious?!" Chris and I both exclaimed causing Jane to jump.

"What?! What did I do?!" She asked. I slapped the palm of my hand on my forehead and Chris shook his head.

Jane pouted in confusion. "Janette, Asia is the largest continent in the world, and where your great grandmother came from." I said.

She went silent for a moment and looked as if her head was about to explode from all the thinking she was doing, then, her eyes finally went big and her body went straight.

"OHH!! Yeah! I forgot." She said.

I sighed. Well, Jane isn't exactly... the smartest, you know? But Jane is smart... When it comes to fashion and love. Other wise, her academics are something that need a lot of working on.

"Hey what time is it?" I asked.

Chris looked at his wrist watch and furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's already 4:18 pm. We've been sitting in the park for 4 hours and 18 minutes? Wow. Time really does fly by when your with people you love." He said.

"Eww he's getting all sentimental." I said.

He chuckled and Jane just put her hands on her face.